October 2012 Moms
Options

*-*-UO THURSDAY-*-*

Anyone?

Mine: I think Robert Pattinson (sp?) is completely overrated and definitely not attractive. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: *-*-UO THURSDAY-*-*

• Options
    I can't wait for the rain to start.  I love the 9 months of rain we get in Portland and I can't wait for it to start.  Being 100+ today does not make this pregnant lady happy, I don't like ANYTHING over 85.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagebellre:

Anyone?

Mine: I think Robert Pattinson (sp?) is completely overrated and definitely not attractive. 

Me too! Me too!!!!!! Yes but it still sucks that she did that to him. Noone deserves that

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebellre:

Anyone?

Yup, I'm with you on this; he just doesn't do anything for me! (Then again, neither do the Cullens)

• Options

imageiadanza:
    I can't wait for the rain to start.  I love the 9 months of rain we get in Portland and I can't wait for it to start.  Being 100+ today does not make this pregnant lady happy, I don't like ANYTHING over 85.

ZOMG I am so with you. I like the moderate weather we usually have....I am not at all interested in this stretch of hot weather we have been having...and will continue to have. But...at least you have AC! I hate being at our house right now because it gets so hot. Boooo.....

Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

• Options
    imageCantw82bamom:
    imagebellre:

Anyone?

Me too! Me too!!!!!! Yes but it still sucks that she did that to him. Noone deserves that

he's totally lost on me.

I actually get pissed on the shaming of her. No one knows what really happened. It's tabloid BS. They weren't married. It's slightly misogynist. And it's completely a waste of brain when there is so much more going on in the world. 

• Options
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageCantw82bamom:
    imagebellre:

Anyone?

he's totally lost on me.

I actually get pissed on the shaming of her. No one knows what really happened. It's tabloid BS. They weren't married. It's slightly misogynist. And it's completely a waste of brain when there is so much more going on in the world. 

ITA! I hate that celebrity news has become front page material in general.

• Options
    imagebellre:

imageiadanza:

ZOMG I am so with you. I like the moderate weather we usually have....I am not at all interested in this stretch of hot weather we have been having...and will continue to have. But...at least you have AC! I hate being at our house right now because it gets so hot. Boooo.....

We only have a window unit in our bedroom and one in our upstairs TV room.  Everywhere else is hot hot hot!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The weight gain posts are starting to make me crazy. There's no rhyme or reason to what people gain during pregnancy. Some people eat everything and gain nothing, some people eat nothing and gain a lot.  Asking people how much they've gained really shouldn't help the OP rationalize or feel better about what they've gained or lost. Everyone is different. End of story.
  • Options
    imagebellre:
    imagelady dixneuf:

he's totally lost on me.

UGH YES! I HATE that it interrupts real news stories.  I mean, isn't that what E! is for?  Why must real news report on that BS? Makes me hulk angry!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageDon't Hassle the Hoff:
    The weight gain posts are starting to make me crazy. There's no rhyme or reason to what people gain during pregnancy. Some people eat everything and gain nothing, some people eat nothing and gain a lot.  Asking people how much they've gained really shouldn't help the OP rationalize or feel better about what they've gained or lost. Everyone is different. End of story.

Fo realz!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

amen.

I've gained 40lbs. I look great. I am also 5' 11" and had just run a marathon before I got pregnant. It's totally different for everyone.  

• Options
    imagebellre:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageCantw82bamom:
    imagebellre:

Anyone?

he's totally lost on me.

I guess my UO would be that I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I know who he is but don't know anything that has happened recently, nor do I care.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

this isn't really a UO but

I wish the stuff with, say FF and BF would stop. The real issues are the total lack of support for new parents in this country. If we'd focus on things like how we have the worst maternity leave in the world, etc.  

I really want to EBF but given my current work/financial situation where I have to go back to work immediately, it may just be too much.In theory, my company is legally allowed to DOCK MY PAY for the time I take off to pump (company under 50 employees = no FMLA). I have a great pump but they're incredibly expensive, what about women who can't afford one? Being able to EBF is actually a privilege (this is assuming there is no underlying medical reason you can't, etc.) as is being a SAHM. 

We should be unifying, not fighting amongst ourselves.   

edit: I have no idea why the fonts changed! 

• Options
    Goldfish xtreme are one of the most delicious snacks! I just cannot stop eating them and I am not even hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Exactly.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    imagelady dixneuf:

this isn't really a UO but

I wish the stuff with, say FF and BF would stop. The real issues are the total lack of support for new parents in this country. If we'd focus on things like how we have the worst maternity leave in the world, etc.  

I really want to EBF but given my current work/financial situation where I have to go back to work immediately, it may just be too much.In theory, my company is legally allowed to DOCK MY PAY for the time I take off to pump (company under 50 employees = no FMLA). I have a great pump but they're incredibly expensive, what about women who can't afford one? Being able to EBF is actually a privilege (this is assuming there is no underlying medical reason you can't, etc.) as is being a SAHM. 

We should be unifying, not fighting amongst ourselves.   

edit: I have no idea why the fonts changed! 

The entire "mommy wars" thing drives me insane.  As long as you are not harming your child or teaching him or her to harm others, I don't care what choices you make in raising him or her.  

My sister never breastfed any of her three children.  They are all extremely healthy, are very smart (gifted program at school) and are exceptionally creative (two are artists at 10 and 16 years old and one is a talented writer - at the age of 7!)  They are well-behaved and very well-adjusted socially.  

I plan to breastfeed if it is possible for me.  It's my choice.  But if it's not possible physically or if I have to stop shortly after going back to work, I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  And no other mother should either. 

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagedaronsmommy:
    imagebellre:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageCantw82bamom:
    imagebellre:

Anyone?

he's totally lost on me.

I guess my UO would be that I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I know who he is but don't know anything that has happened recently, nor do I care.

Sometimes, I think we're better off if we don't get wrapped up in celebrity drama!

However... I think Robert Pattinson is attractive enough, and I will agree that we don't really know what their relationship was like behind closed doors, I think Kristen Stewart is a weirdo.  I can't stand seeing her in interviews or at awards shows.

• Options

imageRachelilly23:
    Exactly.

Every time I see a new weight gain post, I think to myself, "Didn't we JUST talk about this?"

• Options

Me too. Makes me want to throat punch someone. 

• Options
    imagebellre:

shall we make a pact to ignore them?

The current thread was a new poster I think? 

• Options
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imagebellre:

Yes. I don't care about your weight anymore than I care about your DH's penis length, your shoe size, or your cup size. I have typed snark and deleted several times. Grrr.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetatercater:

imageRachelilly23:
    Exactly.

Every time I see a new weight gain post, I think to myself, "Didn't we JUST talk about this?"

I couldn't agree more!! I just dont even open those posts anymore.

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get really irritated when people act shocked that I let my husband have a say in parenting decisions. This baby is just as much his at is mine. My other favorite is when they ask me if I'm going to let my husband "watch" baby by himself. Um it's not watching when he's a parent? It's called being a parent!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    imageelfchique:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imagebellre:

Yes. I don't care about your weight anymore than I care about your DH's penis length, your shoe size, or your cup size. I have typed snark and deleted several times. Grrr.  

This totally made my day! haha

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageErickaJesicka:
    imagetatercater:

imageRachelilly23:
    Exactly.

I couldn't agree more!! I just dont even open those posts anymore.

I open them, and if I do respond, it's the same thing every time. I kind of get a kick out of the fact that my phone can predict the next word I want to type based on how much I've already written the same reply!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options

I also agree that EBFing is a privilege that only a certain subset of society can enjoy.  It helps to have money in this country. Not everyone has a job where they can provide this nice clean place to pump...you're talking white collar jobs there, and it's so nice that you think that everyone has one, but they don't.  The U.S. is at fault there for their absolutely terrible maternity leave policies, not new moms. 

Also, my UO is that I think nipple confusion is b.s. Yes, after a certain time (a few weeks) your LO can become attached to a certain thing, but sucking on a pacifier while in the hospital's nursery is not going to ruin your child for your breast forever. I found my son with a pacifier the day we went home from the hospital and was all upset and down on myself...until I realized that as soon as my milk came in, he was all fine and dandy with taking that.  It's pressure like that that guilts new moms into thinking everything is a mistake.

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    imageelfchique:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imagebellre:

Dix: deal!

Elf: LOL!! Amen! 

• Options

I accidentally put Dr. Sears' book on my registry thinking it was just a normal 'how to' and not realizing it's the attachment parenting bible. I feel like since someone spent good money on it I should read it. I'm about half way through and I don't think I can finish, it's just filled with propoganda & BS. Repeatedly he says, if you don't EBF, "sleep-share" baby wear, your not a bad mom, and then on the next page describes the emotional torment your child will have to deal with if you don't do these things - calling a crib a jail and saying you should have sex in the bed along with your baby rather than frickin just move LO to the crib. Also, I spent some time on the attachment pareting board awhile back and was completely appaled. It should be renamed the "I don't have the cojones to handle my child crying for 1 second" board.

A few examples:

My toddler cries whenever I try to put shoes on him so I let him go barefoot all the time. Do you think it's safe for him to go barefoot in public places?

My baby cries whenever I put her down so I wear her all the time, but I'm having problems figuring out HOW TO EAT MY OWN MEALS with baby attached. (good lord!)

My infant cries whenever I put her in her crib so she takes all her naps in the bed. It's getting inconvenient for me to nap with her in my bed every time she takes a nap, do you think it's safe for my infant to sleep in my bed alone? (I don't really know on this one but it seems unsafe to me, and the fact that this lady is absolutely unable to do anything while her baby naps other than lie there next to her is ridiculous.)

Final thought - who in their right mind is able to get turned on enough to have sex when their baby is laying right there next to them in bed?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageelfchique:

Do women generally know their husband's penis length?  Seems an odd activity to do together.  "Honey, let's measure your penis tonight, okay?"  Lol, this made my day. 

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagebellre:
    imageelfchique:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imagebellre:

Fo' sho.' I never open them anymore. If you feed the beast they'lll keep popping up.

• Options
    I have another one. I saw on the news last night - they're recalling the bumpo so they can put a seat belt on it. Really people? You didn't realize your kid could fall out of that chair when you're not watching?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageamelianickel:
    I have another one. I saw on the news last night - they're recalling the bumpo so they can put a seat belt on it. Really people? You didn't realize your kid could fall out of that chair when you're not watching?

Yes This!!!!! My son used one and it is downstairs waiting to be used again. My DH put him in it on the dining room table once and I flipped out. He never did it again. I'm pretty sure it says on the box or the instructions that they shouldn't be used on tables or chairs or whatnot...people are just stupid.

• Options

imageamelianickel:

OMG thank you!!!!!!

Obvious to me, even without the warning sticker, that a bumbo up on a table equals an unsafe environment!!!!!

The fix it package comes with a seatbelt and a new warning label. Really  Really you need a new warning label.

• Options
    I think its so weird when family members touch and talk to my belly using baby's name. I wish we had kept her name a secret until birth for this reason alone.
  • Options
    imagebellre:
    imageelfchique:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imagebellre:

Ok i'm in... lets ignore GD posts too.

In my opinion marineland is a waste of space and sickening. I just read an appalling article about how poorly those aquatic animals are treated. It made me wanna barf and cry.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    But what if I do care about the size of your DH's penis? Cool
  • Options
    On the BF'ing topic, as a business owner I can see both ways.  It's really hard for small businesses (1-2 employees) to have someone who would need to have several breaks a day, especially on the retail side.  You never know when customers are going to come in and if that person happens to be the only one there at that time, then what?  I've been trying to make sure I'm never here alone right now since I can't lift things for customers, and it's really hard to bite the bullet and pay that extra person "just in case".  While I agree its the best for mom and baby, that doesn't make it easy for the employers in certain circumstances, and can actually cost them quite a bit in labor...  just my opinion :)
  • Options

imageRennan7:
    On the BF'ing topic, as a business owner I can see both ways.  It's really hard for small businesses (1-2 employees) to have someone who would need to have several breaks a day, especially on the retail side.  You never know when customers are going to come in and if that person happens to be the only one there at that time, then what?  I've been trying to make sure I'm never here alone right now since I can't lift things for customers, and it's really hard to bite the bullet and pay that extra person "just in case".  While I agree its the best for mom and baby, that doesn't make it easy for the employers in certain circumstances, and can actually cost them quite a bit in labor...  just my opinion :)

I understand that but in my case I work for a company of probably 45 or so people. Yes, it's a small business but it's not retail, I have a desk job and am highly trained etc.Trust met it won't cost them anything. 

What's apauling is it's LEGAL for them to dock my pay. I don't think they're going to do it though.

Small business is a VERY broad term.... 

• Options
    imagejillybean800:

I also agree that EBFing is a privilege that only a certain subset of society can enjoy.  It helps to have money in this country. Not everyone has a job where they can provide this nice clean place to pump...you're talking white collar jobs there, and it's so nice that you think that everyone has one, but they don't.  The U.S. is at fault there for their absolutely terrible maternity leave policies, not new moms. 

Also, my UO is that I think nipple confusion is b.s. Yes, after a certain time (a few weeks) your LO can become attached to a certain thing, but sucking on a pacifier while in the hospital's nursery is not going to ruin your child for your breast forever. I found my son with a pacifier the day we went home from the hospital and was all upset and down on myself...until I realized that as soon as my milk came in, he was all fine and dandy with taking that.  It's pressure like that that guilts new moms into thinking everything is a mistake.

I could kiss you right now.

I tell people this all. the. time. The problem is not the nipple, it's the flow. If milk is there, the kid will take it. I had preemies who could not breastfeed at all for months and could only take pacis and bottles who then take to the breast like a champ. It's really not as common as people think it is, and definitely not worth beating yourself up over.

• Options
    imageamelianickel:

I accidentally put Dr. Sears' book on my registry thinking it was just a normal 'how to' and not realizing it's the attachment parenting bible. I feel like since someone spent good money on it I should read it. I'm about half way through and I don't think I can finish, it's just filled with propoganda & BS. Repeatedly he says, if you don't EBF, "sleep-share" baby wear, your not a bad mom, and then on the next page describes the emotional torment your child will have to deal with if you don't do these things - calling a crib a jail and saying you should have sex in the bed along with your baby rather than frickin just move LO to the crib. Also, I spent some time on the attachment pareting board awhile back and was completely appaled. It should be renamed the "I don't have the cojones to handle my child crying for 1 second" board.

A few examples:

My toddler cries whenever I try to put shoes on him so I let him go barefoot all the time. Do you think it's safe for him to go barefoot in public places?

My baby cries whenever I put her down so I wear her all the time, but I'm having problems figuring out HOW TO EAT MY OWN MEALS with baby attached. (good lord!)

My infant cries whenever I put her in her crib so she takes all her naps in the bed. It's getting inconvenient for me to nap with her in my bed every time she takes a nap, do you think it's safe for my infant to sleep in my bed alone? (I don't really know on this one but it seems unsafe to me, and the fact that this lady is absolutely unable to do anything while her baby naps other than lie there next to her is ridiculous.)

Final thought - who in their right mind is able to get turned on enough to have sex when their baby is laying right there next to them in bed?

Attachment parenting kinda creeps me out. (No offense to those who do it) But I could never on a regular basis sleep with a baby in my bed. (Let alone have sex with the baby in the bed! creepy...) I want my sleeping space to be mine. I have a hard enough time not kicking DH in the night.

I am probably going the total opposite way of parenting and not letting children take over every aspect of my life, like the person who cannot do anything while baby naps... please.

Makes me glad about our choice to follow the French style and observing the "pause" before going to tend to LO for every little peep or whimper they make, establishing rules and boundaries early, introducing fruits and veggies early.

I have been reading the New Basics by Dr. Michael Cohen, whose pediatric practice we will be going to in NYC because it follows in line with the style parenting we want. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"