December 2010 Moms

Does anyone label their diapers?

Yeah, so my kid is pushing two and I'm actually asking this question.  It feels like such a newb question!  C ended up with someone else's diaper at DC today.  It's happened before with no problem really but I think he must have been in them all day today because he had this puffy, bright red rash and he screamed and cried every time we tried to wipe or put cream on.  So, is it really overkill for me to label each diaper with his name?  I'm definitely going to talk to his teacher but he was so pitiful, I'll do anything to keep that from happening again, pretentious or not I guess.

Edited - fixed subject 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone label their diapers?

• I don't label her diapers, but I have had this happen at daycare.  P also got a terrible rash/chemical burn.  Once, they put Desitin on it to help the rash, which would be great if it didn't make the problem worse.  :/

I would just talk to DCP about it.  I quietly & politely raised holyhell there.  Our problem was sometimes the "helpers" grabbed something (diaper or cream) out of a different kid's box.  This has only happened twice & it was remedied quickly. 

Sorry about C's bum though.  It's awful.  We have to do super cool baths, and/or do a quickie wash job since it hurts.  I usually put an inch thick layer of A&D.  OK, maybe not quite an inch, but nice and THICK!

• When we have had to send disposables, they label them with his initials since a lot of the kids use Up and Up diapers.

That really sucks - I'm sorry his little but was red! If you're worried, I talk to them and just explain what happened and why it important. I hope he feels better!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  His teacher has a LO at the DC so I know she'll understand exactly my concern.  I think it is exactly what you mentioned, one of the helpers that is unfamiliar with C in his new room.  I'll check about the initials though, that's a good idea.  Christian is a long name to write each time! 
  • Total tangent, but I've noticed something about C's new daycare. We send him with 6 cloth diapers per day stacked in his bag and they usually return it with 1-2. When we get the dirty ones out of the can, the teachers ALWAYS seemed to have dug through his bag to find the cute prints/colors first. Haha

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageOhSewCrafty:
    Total tangent, but I've noticed something about C's new daycare. We send him with 6 cloth diapers per day stacked in his bag and they usually return it with 1-2. When we get the dirty ones out of the can, the teachers ALWAYS seemed to have dug through his bag to find the cute prints/colors first. 

Ha ha! Who wouldn't right?

• I'm late to the party, and just wanted to reply that we label G's diapers with her initials at the request of daycare. So I don't think it's out of the ordinary.

Sorry your LO's bum is in such bad shape!

• kj07kj07 member

I've seen diapers labeled in the cabinets at B's daycare. 

I feel you on the helper issue.  We CD and B's diapers have snaps.  We always know when it was a helper/floater in the room at the end of the day because his diaper is snapped in the oddest possible way.  

I hope his rash clears up quickly.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • I label his diapers as well as all the other kids in my room. And each kid has a container labeled that the diapers go in. If a child runs out of diapers, we'll borrow from a stash of random diapers or another kid that wears the same size and type. Sorry about his butt. Poor guy :

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • E just label the package of diapers and they go in his cubby. Poor little guy. Hope his bum feels better soon.
  • Our daycare also labels each with initials. I've worked at three okla daycares and they all do this, so maybe it's a state requirement here? ALL items they own must be labeled, including extra clothes.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't label ours but have never had the problem that you've mentioned, and DD has occasionally come home in others diapers.  Poor LO!  I am sure if you explain the issue no one is going to judge you for wanting to be extra careful.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Thanks again!  Yep, I know our state doesn't require it but maybe common practice at some DCs to do it.  I wish ours required it.  I did talk to his teacher this morning and she apologized (she wasn't the one there when it happened) and said she'd talk to the swing teachers.  I also labeled all of his diapers that I took this AM and will continue to do so.  C was not a happy camper this morning during diaper changing so I hope it clears up soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"