December 2010 Moms
Options

Motivation help!

Lately I've been feeling sluggish and just not interested AT ALL in exercising and i've gotten on the unhealthy eating bandwagon.  It's not that I eat bad but i've been stopping for coffee/egg sandwiches in the morning or going out for chinese food with my co-workers, etc.  And then I don't do anything for exercise when I get home from work. 

How do you get motivated?  I'm thinking i'll start "dieting" starting next Monday.  (we have a weding this weekend so i want to stay flexible lol).  I'm just not caring about myself like I used to.  I've noticing my clothes getting tighter which is making me depressed. 

photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Motivation help!

• Options

After I had O I had 150lbs to lose.  I was so overwhelmed and unmotivated I had no idea where to start.  I took me 9 months and a round of family pictures which I refused to buy any of because I looked so terrible to get started.

I made a chain with links of paper-like a Christmas chain sort of.  Each link for me represented 10lbs-maybe for you each link can represent a fitness goal-and on the inside of the chain I had small rewards for myself-mani, pedi, massage, new workout gear, new haircut, etc...

September 15th will be 1 year since I started.  I have lost 115lbs.  I hung the chain on my fridge door and was reminded each time I was in the kitchen what my goal/reward was and made better choices. 

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not a rock star like mamaholmes, but you might see if there's a way you can incorporate some fitness into your time with your LO - even just a walk after dinner or a race to the end of the block or doing squats while s/he plays or dancing together instead of sitting is better than nothing.

You could also see if you could meet a friend once a week for a walk or something like that to combine fitness & fun.

Also, your posting this, combined with my DH starting to run a few times in the past week, got me to get my butt in gear and do a little at home workout this afternoon, so thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

Mamaholmes has some great ideas - I love the goal chain.

For me, I had to find the right fit.  I had a membership at our local Y, but they never had classes at times that were convenient for me, so I never went.   As for going to just use the machines - well then there was no accountability, no one to notice when I didn't show up - so I didn't do that either. 

But then I found a Pilates studio near me that offered classes four nights a week at 7:30pm.  That gives me time to get home, give B dinner, and get a little playtime in before I change and leave DH to put B to bed.  I've been going for a little over a month now and I'm really loving it - it's good for my mental health and my physical health.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    Mamaholmes, that is an amazing amour of weight to lose! Wow! For me, I track my calories on My Fitness Pal, and I started running in March. I did the Couch to 5k program (free online, and a free app) Now I run 3x a week- I go about 3miles each time, sometimes more. I try to hold myself accountable, and have a race in the future to work towards. I go late after the kids go to bed- like 8pm or so. It's hard to get motivated, but you can do it!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"