March 2012 Moms
Options

Bumbo Recalled today

Saw this today on my FB feed.

https://recall.bumbousa.com/

This is part of the reason we love the summer infant super seat! 

Re: Bumbo Recalled today

• Options

They're not unsafe when used properly, ie. watch your child and don't put it on an elevated surface. It isn't a flaw in the seat.

If I remember correctly, it is being recalled because a kid climbed out of it, fell, and died.....because the mother put it on a table and then left the room.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

They're not unsafe when used properly, ie. watch your child and don't put it on an elevated surface. It isn't a flaw in the seat.

If I remember correctly, it is being recalled because a kid climbed out of it, fell, and died.....because the mother put it on a table and then left the room.

Yup.

I'll go ahead and get the restraining belt and sticker either way.  My nephew used this Bumbo until he was too big, and now it is Dom's.

Why my sister got the lilac one, I have no clue.  Stick out tongue

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The article I read said there were 34 injuries, including 2 skull fractures, to children who were in the seat on the floor or an "unknown elevation."  Made me wonder if people just did not want to admit they had the seat somewhere they shouldn't have. Very sad for the babies who were injured.

Even though I always keep it on the floor and watch DS when he's in it, I ordered the kit anyway. We'll definitely use it, and it will be good to have it if I try to sell it later or when passing it on to someone else. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can see a baby falling out of it on the floor and smacking their head.  My DD likes to arch her back when she is in it trying to get out.  When she started to do this it made me worried that she would fall backwards and hit her head, so we really have to keep an eye on her.  I will get the restraining belt to be safe.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

I agree. We always keep an eye on DS when he is in the Bumbo. I never leave him alone in it, especially because he arches his back now and tries to get out. When he starts doing that I take him out and put him somewhere else. Don't think there is any flaw in the seat, you just need to keep an eye on baby, especially when they start moving lot more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

They added a restraint to the bumbo that can be ordered. It's not a full recall of the seat. I think people need to use common sense when using the bumbo. My DS loves it but I don't leave him in it unattended and it is always on the floor. People have needed to be reminded that it shouldn't be on an elevated surface, that it shouldn't be used in the bathtub, and that it isn't a carseat! I think people need to use common sense.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageZimger:

They added a restraint to the bumbo that can be ordered. It's not a full recall of the seat. I think people need to use common sense when using the bumbo. My DS loves it but I don't leave him in it unattended and it is always on the floor. People have needed to be reminded that it shouldn't be on an elevated surface, that it shouldn't be used in the bathtub, and that it isn't a carseat! I think people need to use common sense.

People use this in the tub or car?! OMG..yes use common sense ...agree with you 100% and almost everyone in my family has called me today to tell about this recall..it's getting a little bit annoying.

• Options
    imageMariJ1008:

People use this in the tub or car?! OMG..yes use common sense ...agree with you 100% and almost everyone in my family has called me today to tell about this recall..it's getting a little bit annoying.

This is how I was woken up this morning. Future SIL texting me about the recall that she knew nothing about yet.

This is the same person who informed me the wondefulness of a Boppy pillow 2 days ago to help with a baby sitting up. Um.......I worked with infants for 3 years before having one of my own. She barely understands anything about babies are life with a baby. I think I'm all set thanks. Huh?

But anyway, I'm going to live dangerously and not get the seat belt. I'm really not concerned.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:
    imageMariJ1008:

This is how I was woken up this morning. Future SIL texting me about the recall that she knew nothing about yet.

This is the same person who informed me the wondefulness of a Boppy pillow 2 days ago to help with a baby sitting up. Um.......I worked with infants for 3 years before having one of my own. She barely understands anything about babies are life with a baby. I think I'm all set thanks. Huh?

But anyway, I'm going to live dangerously and not get the seat belt. I'm really not concerned.

same here..people were calling me and texting before i even woke up this morning...and then my facebook page it was all people were posting, and i got e-mails too!!!!!  i am not to concerned or worried, i know not to leave him alone in that seat..even before the recalls.

• Options
    imageMariJ1008:
    imageZimger:

Yes...it's ridiculous. My DH had to argue with a girl at work (whose LO was born shortly after ours) because she thought it was a great idea for the bath. He kept telling her how that was a bad idea. She argued back, saying that it was made for things like that. People are dense!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"