February 2013 Moms
Options

Bellies out ladies?

Does anyone here have their belly out when they are around the house (like on the couch)? Not in public, just when you are relaxing at home... For some reason this is most comfortable for me and for some reason it bothers my husband. To the point where he feels the need to not only ask me to put my shirt down, but gives me an attitude about it. 

Before I get peeved, just want to see if others do this/is this normal...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bellies out ladies?

• Options

I usually only wear a sports bra and pajama pants while hanging out at home, so bare belly all the time.

I should get out of this habit now that my sons are getting older, but it is comfy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Why the heck would this bother your husband in the privacy of your own home? That makes absoltluly no sense. But yea I feel like my clothes are strangling me so I like my belly out. Seriously tell dh to get over it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why does that bother him? It wouldn't/doesn't bother my husband, I think he'd love it if I walked around naked lol which I obviously don't since we have DS. I'd get peeved though since I really don't see the problem there.
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lol, I never really thought about it, but I actually started doing this a couple weeks ago. I am very surprised that your DH doesn't like it. My dh loves it because he gets to rub my belly easier :)
    Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't go full on belly out, but I do strip out of real pants, lose the bra, and generally get unpresentable as soon as I get home.  

I asked DH to get another guy's opinion.  His (oh so delicate) reply was, "Weird things annoy people so I guess that's fine.  Even if it bothers him, though, who cares?  Your wife is pregnant and uncomfortable, dude, leave her alone.  Besides would you rather see her stomach or listen to her b!tch about it?"  

He started out so well... 

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks---I really don't get why it bothers him...but the show must go on & its my belly. Maybe I WILL just *** about it until the alternative seems preferable:) 
  • Options
    My normally large (currently ginormous) breasts make it way too uncomfortable to have nothing on, but I generally wear just a shelf tank & underwear around the house. Bra, jeans, & shoes are removed immediately.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemandykane:

I don't go full on belly out, but I do strip out of real pants, lose the bra, and generally get unpresentable as soon as I get home.

I asked DH to get another guy's opinion.  His (oh so delicate) reply was, "Weird things annoy people so I guess that's fine.  Even if it bothers him, though, who cares?  Your wife is pregnant and uncomfortable, dude, leave her alone.  Besides would you rather see her stomach or listen to her b!tch about it?"  

LOL at your H's comment!!

And same for me as far as getting unpresenable, but not belly out. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageminda31807:

I usually only wear a sports bra and pajama pants while hanging out at home, so bare belly all the time.

I should get out of this habit now that my sons are getting older, but it is comfy.

this  exactly. DH has no problems - he wears a sarong so has his belly out too!! Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Right now, I basically just wear a pair of shorts around the house. Clothes feel too restricting. Plus DH doesn't mind getting me things if he gets to see the ladies ;) If I'm cold, I bundle up in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. 

Your DH telling you to cover your belly up is ridiculous. I would be hurt and angry if DH was like, hey, put a shirt on and cover that up.  

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Every time I complain about a waistband making me uncomfortable or my bra hurting the ladies, DH tells me, "Get naked!" I don't since we have DS (and also I'm overweight to begin with and just don't like wandering around naked), but I can't imagine how I'd feel if he had a problem with my belly sticking out. As it is, he can't wait for it to get bigger.

I think your DH needs a good swift kick in the @$$.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Let that belly out! I can't believe he would be annoyed by that. I don't do it, but I have been wearing maternity clothes for 5-6 weeks, and before that I was already wearing my stretchy pj pants at home. I also rarely wear a bra at home...I hate bras. We were at a beach house w/ DH's family and it drove me nuts that I had to keep putting a bra on before we left the bedroom in the morning. As soon as we got in our house I took it off. DH was like "YEah! You should take your shirt off too!" What a goober, lol!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options

Free that belly!  I'm typically automatically in stretchy pants and a cotton t-shirt as soon as I get home.  Lately my stretchy pants have been too tight!  Time for maternity stretchy pants.  This past weekend I fell asleep on the recliner with my belly out and SO thought it was so cute he took a pic!  I was mad but I guess now I should be grateful.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My resolve to wear the belly out has only been strengthened, ladies:) 

I don't think he minds it TOO much, but he definitely prefers I not do it. I said "I'm not doing it in public" and he said "I'm kinda public". To which I just laughed. Seriously? If I can't be comfortable around the guy who freely farts in my presence, then something is amiss... 

• Options
    imageRosyBee:

I don't think he minds it TOO much, but he definitely prefers I not do it. I said "I'm not doing it in public" and he said "I'm kinda public". To which I just laughed. Seriously? If I can't be comfortable around the guy who freely farts in my presence, then something is amiss... 

Not to rag on your husband, RosyBee, b/c like a PP said, maybe different things really do bug different people - - but just wondering if you have said this precise thing to him, about him freely farting in front of you?  B/c if he does do that, then honestly you have complete license to be bare-bellied in front of him, IMO! :) 

DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Options
    imagemandykane:

Ditto to the first paragraph and the second one? Well i just loved every bit of it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageATLdesi:
    imageRosyBee:

Not to rag on your husband, RosyBee, b/c like a PP said, maybe different things really do bug different people - - but just wondering if you have said this precise thing to him, about him freely farting in front of you?  B/c if he does do that, then honestly you have complete license to be bare-bellied in front of him, IMO! :) 

I did say this, and it did shut him up right quick. That being said, I know it still bothers him...I'm not particularly lady-like (I'm somewhat granola) partially because having a 20-month old drains a person. Maybe slouched on the couch rubbing my belly disturbs him because he wants to think that I care more how I look around him...in which case of course, he needs a healthy dose of self-reflection (one thing, I will admit, he has never been good at).

I don't want to demonize him, he is an awesome husband and father. This just doesn't make sense to me... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"