Pregnant after IF

When did you start feeling symptoms that you were pregnant?

Wanted to get some advice as to when you started feeling symptoms that you were pregnant? I just went through IVF and I'm on the 2ww and am 4dp5dt.

Re: When did you start feeling symptoms that you were pregnant?

• Its different for everyone and hard to tell. Early pregnancy symptoms could mimic AF symptoms. Some people say they had tons of symptoms others had none. Als if you are on a progesterone supplement that could cause symptoms as well. So there really isnt a clear answer. Unfortunately all you can do is wait till beta or pee on a stick. Best of luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with Jezebell, it really depends on the person. For me something that was different with my BFP cycle from my previous IVF cycle was I was getting "sexy dreams" and shooting pains every now and then in my vagina. Have no idea what it was from, but I remember having them during my 2WW.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Loading the player...
  • Like the pp said I also was on a progesterone supplement and every symptom could have been considered a side effect. It was hard to tell the diffence. About 7pd3dt my boobs felt firmer, and I was hotter than normal.
  • I did not go through IVF, but my earliest symptoms were very much like AF. I felt bloated, crampy, moody, etc. Face totally broke out in acne. The one different symptom I felt, but again I know not everyone feels this, was extreme (and boy do I mean EXTREME!) heartburn around 14dpo. My mom kept saying "watch, you're pregnant." and i kept saying no way! but she was right. My breasts were tender as well, but again that happened to me before AF also.

Bottom line, some people feel things while others don't. I wouldn't get stressed if you feel like you're getting your period. I didn't believe other bumpies who said that, but now that I've experienced it, I know it's true! Best wishes....

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Just as everyone else said, it's different for everyone. I felt absolutely nothing, I mean nothing lol. I didn't even have AF symptoms which I guess I was expecting. My breasts didn't even get sore. I just remember saying a few times to MH while I was laying on the couch that I felt something on the left side like where my ovary was at. Nothing major, didn't hurt just a tiny pulling (maybe pulling, not sure I can explain it lol) sensation. 

I wish you the best. No symptoms can be good news too!  

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• imageeponine7682:
    I agree with Jezebell, it really depends on the person. For me something that was different with my BFP cycle from my previous IVF cycle was I was getting "sexy dreams" and shooting pains every now and then in my vagina. Have no idea what it was from, but I remember having them during my 2WW.

Haha, we just had a thread on the sex dreams symptom a few weeks ago, but I think that was an initial symptom for me, too :)

But really, in your 2ww you will drive yourself insane if you try to analyze every single symptom to see if it's a pregnancy symptom. Take this time to meditate, relax, and try to treat your body well. Oh, and eat all of your favorite foods now - they might make you want to hurl (or actually hurl) in just a few weeks! 

• imagedrubie:

imageeponine7682:
    I agree with Jezebell, it really depends on the person. For me something that was different with my BFP cycle from my previous IVF cycle was I was getting "sexy dreams" and shooting pains every now and then in my vagina. Have no idea what it was from, but I remember having them during my 2WW.

Haha, we just had a thread on the sex dreams symptom a few weeks ago, but I think that was an initial symptom for me, too :)

I definitely had the sexy dreams too! Other than that, the only thing that was different was the increased sense of smell. I had it with both pregnancies. DH said he suspected it when he hit a blood vessel during my PIO injection and the smell of the blood made me sick to my stomach. I've had plenty of BFN cycles when I felt "more pregnant" than I did this time, so I didn't really invest anything in any of my symptoms. That progesterone will mess with you. GL to the OP! 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imageRuthie04:
    imagedrubie:

imageeponine7682:

I definitely had the sexy dreams too! Other than that, the only thing that was different was the increased sense of smell. I had it with both pregnancies. DH said he suspected it when he hit a blood vessel during my PIO injection and the smell of the blood made me sick to my stomach. I've had plenty of BFN cycles when I felt "more pregnant" than I did this time, so I didn't really invest anything in any of my symptoms. That progesterone will mess with you. GL to the OP! 

LOL, yeah I had the sex dreams all the way into my 1st tri. I kinda miss them now... Embarrassed

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • thanks everyone! I guess for now I will stop stressing over it and just hope for the best!
  • On my positive IVF, 2 days before my beta, we went to dinner for my birthday.  My mom got scallops and there were leftovers.  When we got in the car to leave, that's all I could smell, I had to put them in the trunk.  That was honestly the only thing that was different that I can pinpoint during the 2ww.  Everything else was normal until I hit 7 weeks when the MS kicked in.

Good luck!  Try not to read into too much because it's hard to distinguish symptoms with all the meds/stress.

Me: 29, ok
    DH: 31, dx severe MFI..low everything
    IVF with ICSI only option
    First IVF-Oct 2011 ER 10/27/2011 12R, 10M, 8F
    ET 10/30/2011 1 perfect embie
    Beta 11/14/2011-BFFN
    FET #1- Transferred 2 embryos (8 cell and morula)-BFN
    Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism-Synthroid-helped levels after 6 weeks
    FET#2- Transferred 3 embryos (2-6cell, 1-7 cell) Beta: 3/29/12....BFN
    2nd fresh ivf-May 2012
    Changed protocol to add Luveris
    ER 05/27/2012 8R 6M 4F ET 05/30/2012 2embryos 9 cell and 6 cell
    Beta 06/12/12 @13dp3dt - BFP 116
    Second beta 06/18/2012 @ 1579
    1st ultrasound 06/20 saw GS and Yolk sac
    2nd ultrasound 06/29 heartbeat 120 bpm @ 6 weeks 4 days
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • like PP have said, everyone is different and so many symptoms can also be caused by all those lovely hormone supplements.  I had two early losses previously - and they distinctly felt different to me than my BFN cycles.  I "felt" pregnant right away this cycle so I took an early test and it was a BFP at 3dp5dt (we transferred two hatching blasts)  For me it was light headedness, sore boobs, headache, heartburn, and a general sense of just feeling off.  Then the extreme fatigue kicked in.

ETA - i was also super crampy, as if AF would show up at any moment and sex dreams for me as well! 

S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • 8 weeks for me. Maybe very slightly at 7 weeks, but nothing like 8 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did't really feel pregnancy symptoms until 6 weeks.  Good luck!
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As my doctor said, try not to analyze every little symptom because you'll drive yourself crazy.  Every symptom that could be indicative of pregnancy is also a symptom that could be indicative of AF.  I didn't feel any symptoms until I was about 6 weeks.

Good luck!

imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I never really had any symptoms besides a late period

I never got morning sickness, nausea, food aversions, or cravings.  I had cramping so I thought I was getting my period- tested when it was 4 days late and got a positive

I had slightly sore/sensitive boobs for a week or two early on then it went away.  

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"