December 2010 Moms

If you got pp AF while you were still BF

Anyway, I think that sneaky b!tch AF is looking to come make an early comeback. I was so hoping I'd be one of those women that didn't have to deal with it until after I was done bfing. I would have even loved 6months.

Over the weekend I had all my old O signs, so I'm thinking AF will show up in another week and a half. I'm not temping so I don't know for sure but I had O pain and what looked like fertile cm, plus my supply dropped a bit.

Tell me I'm wrong- please? And if I'm not wrong, at least tell me it happened to you to so I can comiserate.

ETA: Still ebf but pumping for when G's at DC, which is only twice a week and 3-4 bottles a day those two days.

imageimage

Re: If you got pp AF while you were still BF

• ugh, stay away AF!!!

She came back at 6 months pp for me, while I was still EBFing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh! Mine came back around 7 months, even though I was still BF. What happened with Oliver?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I am on month 19 of BF LO, it's down to once or twice a day. I made it to 19m with DD1 and AF didn't show up for another few months after. This time around she came back around month 17 however she is all b!tchy and confused, she comes and goes as she pleases, 5 times in May, 3 seperate times in June, twice in July. This month she came on the 7th but hasn't fully packed her bags and left yet. I am always start to finish exactly 5 days. Sorry she came back so early for you but you are not alone in dealing with the crazyness.

~*Christine*~ TTC #1 with PCOS since September 2005. 8 rounds of clomid- 4 HSG- 3 failed IUI's HSG 11/16 showed no fill in right tube-First RE visit 4/12/07 (my 26th b-day)started injectables with IUI- 75 IU's of Follistim- increased to 100 IU's- HCG 5/4/07 - IUI on 5/6 BFN 5/21 Increased Follistim to 125 IU's tested again 6/18 BFN & AF showed up. Last IUI before starting IVF 6/30/07 ******BFP 7/14/07,7/15/07 & positive blood test 7/16/07****** Our little Bean was due Easter Sunday, 2008 (March 23rd) Kaitlyn Jean arrived 1 week late 3/30/08 7lb 10.5oz 20" perfect! Myla Grace was our little gift, BFP first month off the pill arrived on her due date 12/16/10 BFP number three August 4, 2013 Due March 27, 2014

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (IgP9)

Lilypie - (LMHF)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Stay away AF! 

Every single time was different for me.  AF came back right away with #1, 4 months with #2, when I quit BFing with #3 and #4 and 6 months with #5.  I BF with every one. 

I hope you are wrong and have a few more nice months AF free. 

• with dd1 she came back 4 months pp and i had low supply right before her arrival.  sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetiffanyp:
    Ugh! Mine came back around 7 months, even though I was still BF. What happened with Oliver?

Long story short, O was a really bad latcher, I EPed for 9 weeks, couldn't keep up with the demand so I stopped and started formula. AF showed up 3 weeks later.

imageimage
  • Ohhhh, stay away AF!  I BF'd for 15 months and she came back at 12 months for me.  I never noticed a drop in supply thankfully.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good news!  I never got mine back except for a spotting period like event once before I got pregnant.  I thought for sure I was about to start AF many times though and had symptoms, but never did.  Maybe you'll get lucky! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I EBF for almost 15 months.  He started STTN at 4 months and that's when she showed up.  I also bled PP for 8 weeks so I barely got a month off! I hope it's not her so you can catch a break 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • kj07kj07 member

I BF DS until he was 17 months - including pumping at work from months 3-13.

I got AF around month 10 - had a small supply dip, but it seems like that's time when a lot of people have a dip.  I ended up adding extra pumps on the weekend to be sure I had enough milk to get DS through the week.

I hope AF stays away a bit longer for you!  

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Grrr hope she stays away. I got a 7 month break, but she did come back even though I was 100% Bfing jericho...still am ugh LOL.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • AF came back at 7 month PP for me - our first day of a beach vacation! YUCK! I don't remember a drop in supply, but there might have been one. But I had the worst cramps of my life and was in the bathroom a lot (tmi sorry)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I EBF, and I got AF at exactly 8 weeks pp. She then care every month consistently. I EBF till 6 months. I was so bummed. I did have some supply dips when she came but nothing significant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"