February 2013 Moms
Options

Can't sleep (vent)

Anyone else having trouble sleeping lately?  I swear I can't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. 

I was so exhausted earlier that I fell asleep on the couch watching Shark Week.  After about an hour, I woke up (still tired) and headed to bed, but as soon as I lay down in bed I am wide awake and every little thing is bothering me.  My back is hurting and I can't get comfortable.  And DH was snoring again, then talking in his sleep, and then slowly taking over my side of the bed. Crying  Okay, I'm done whining now.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Can't sleep (vent)

• Options

Apparently I am the one snoring. I was horrified when DH told me. He told me it is light, feminine snoring so I shouldn't be embrarrassed. Stick out tongue

I am having a harder time staying asleep. Normally I can get up and let the dog out at like 3 am and go back to sleep no prob, but now, once I'm up, I'm up. Which makes it really difficult when my MIL texts at 3:49 AM to my hubby's phone and the beep wakes me up and I finally admitted defeat at 6 am and physically got out of bed after just laying there for 2 hours.

Why people think it is okay to text at those times is beyond me. Just because you setup your phone to be silent when you get a text doesn't mean other people do. My hubby's phone beeps every 5 minutes so I had to get up and find the phone chargin in the kitchen in order to ignore the text. Oh, message of the text? "Call me soon. TYL" Really? You HAD to text him that at 3:49 AM?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I am having a rough time staying going back to sleep when I wake up to pee, turn over, tend to my toddler, etc. Rolling around for several hours even though I'm dead tired and then feeling like crap the next day. It's been so bad lately I am going to call my dr this week and see if I can use unisom or something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetastyburger:
    Yes, I am having a rough time staying going back to sleep when I wake up to pee, turn over, tend to my toddler, etc. Rolling around for several hours even though I'm dead tired and then feeling like crap the next day. It's been so bad lately I am going to call my dr this week and see if I can use unisom or something.

This exactly.   I get about 4 good hours and then toss and turn.   Can't sleep because I'm hungry, then nauseous, then awake.   Then feel like crap in the morning.   Last night I was up from 1:30 - 4:30.   Boo.   Then slept until 6:30.   I've never used a sleep aid in my life, but I do plan to ask my midwife about it next time I see her.  

But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"