March 2012 Moms
Options

Airplane tips?

I'll be on an almost 4 hr flight with dd to go home at the end of August. Any tips to make it easier with just me and dd?  I already bought the ergo to make navigating the airport and boarding easier. I also heard to feed her during takeoff and landing. Any other tips?
image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Airplane tips?

• Options
    I just noticed our DDs have the same birthday!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Bring a complete change of clothes for both of you. My kids always seem to puke, spit up, spill, have a blowout, etc all over both of us.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we flew earlier this summer we brought a blanket to let her roll around on while we were waiting at the gate.  It was nice for her because she had a chance to wiggle and get some of her energy out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKristinmo:

Bring a complete change of clothes for both of you. My kids always seem to puke, spit up, spill, have a blowout, etc all over both of us.  

Totally would have forgotten a change for me.  Thanks!

image image

• Options

imagecmsdouglas:
    When we flew earlier this summer we brought a blanket to let her roll around on while we were waiting at the gate.  It was nice for her because she had a chance to wiggle and get some of her energy out.

Good idea, I'll throw a couple extra A+As in the bag since they fold up so nicely :) 

image image

• Options

If you don't normally check bags, do.  It's so much easier only worrying about the baby and a diaper bag instead of baby, diaper bag, and whatever else you'd normally carry on.  The $25-50 is crappy, but so worth it to check the bag.  A's flown from the East Coast to San Digeo and the East Coast to Wisconsin and then Nebraska back to the East Coast, so she's a pro already at the flying thing.  Mostly I recommend doing whatever you can to make the trip stress free-- even if stuff is going wonky try not to stress it, as your LO will stay happier and calmer if you don't get all up tight.  A pacifier, bottle, or boob is a good idea for take off and landing.  But, if they're asleep for take off or landing, it's probably fine.  A didn't wake up during landing after falling asleep in the air.

Bring plastic bags in your diaper bag for clothes that get icky enough to change.  Idk if it was the change in air pressure or what, but A has had a blow out on 2 of her flights so far (both of the 5 hr ones) and we were glad to have extra clothes and bags to throw the poop clothes in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"