February 2013 Moms
Options

Heating Pad

So usually when I'm achy or have a bad headache I use and love my heating pad. Well lately I've been having belly pains here and there? Can I lay in on my belly if it's not too hot on top of clothing? 
photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg

Re: Heating Pad

• Options
    I lived with a heating pad during my last pregnancy and now this one. But I never put it on my belly. I did keep it on my back and hips all the time. Sometimes just the warmth in one area helps others too so you could just try your back. I would call your Dr tomorrow and see what they think about putting it on your belly. A warm bath might feel just as good as the heating pad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also lived with a heating pad (rice bag) during my last pregnancy. I always laid on it with it under my back and hips, and it helped soooo much! Sometimes I would wait for it to cool off a lot then put it on my belly....but just to keep me warm. You should ask your Dr. about putting it directly on y our belly for pain.
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    At my last OB appt, I asked my doc about using a heating pad because my lower back & left shoulder (old injury) has really been bothering me lately.  She said not to use it on the lower back because it's too close to the baby and could cause the baby to get too hot, but that using it on the upper back is fine.  Every doc is different though, you may just want to give yours a call and see what they say. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"