1st Trimester
Options

Doppler - there and gone...

OK - I am seriously not panicking - just curious...

I found LO's HB on an at home doppler on Wednesday - DH got to hear it too, he said, it sounds like a choo-choo train and now calls the baby choo-choo (too cute!)

Well, since then I've tried to find it again, but without much luck - there are times where I think I've got it but can't pin point it as well as before.

I know I found it really early to begin with and have no reason to worry - going into the Dr. Wednesday for my 4wk appointment so hopefully it is a GOOD appointment!

I promised myself with an at home doppler, I would NOT get upset if I cannot find it and I am sticking to that, but has anyone else had this before?

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Doppler - there and gone...

• Options
    My husbands coworker used to go to the ER because of this all the time... And she was much further along. It is perfectly common to hear it sometimes and other times not to...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah you're still super early so I wouldn't concern myself with it. The baby moves around in there and right now he or she is so small that they can move around a lot! Even now, it may take me a minute to find the heartbeat with mine and then it'll be gone.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't panic!  This is the downfall at dopplers.  I listened to DS's heartbeat daily from 12 weeks on...there was a couple day gap where i couldn't locate his hb and man did i panic!  Just relax, i'm sure all is well :)  Sometimes, they just like to hide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

With DS even my OB had a hard time finding the heartbeat.  She would find it and he would turn or scooch away.  It wasn't until about 20 weeks that they could really keep it long enough to accurately measure.  Some babies are just super active in utero and it's harder to track (it's hard to keep finding it at 10 weeks to begin with)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

10 weeks is still so early, I wouldn't worry at all.

I started picking up my DD's HB a little over 9 weeks but there were days where it would take me FOREVER to find it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The baby is so itty bitty, the heart is just tiny!  They move all over in there and some say they avoid the doppler too.  So who knows.  It's probably just hiding though.  I think I might have an anterior placenta again.  I've found the hb twice, but only for just a few second and then it disappears behind the whooshing sound.  I can't wait to see what things look like in there in a few weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    are you sure that you heard it on the dopple and it just wasn't your HB?  Your HB sounds more like a swishing sound and the baby's will be really fast.  It's much different.  I just ask because 9+ weeks is early to hear on a doppler especially if it's your first.  Either way I would try not to worry, everything is probably fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetiff012982:
    are you sure that you heard it on the dopple and it just wasn't your HB?  Your HB sounds more like a swishing sound and the baby's will be really fast.  It's much different.  I just ask because 9+ weeks is early to hear on a doppler especially if it's your first.  Either way I would try not to worry, everything is probably fine.

yes, I am sure it wasn't mine - I found mine many times but I checked the baby's HB against my pulse and it was 3-4x faster, did not match up to mine and sounded a bit different...

Like I said not so much worried - I just was wondering if anyone else had this experience...

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Ours comes and goes too - I have to listen reeeeally carefully and be reeeeeally patient, even at 12 and a half weeks. Sometimes it takes 6 or 7 minutes just to locate it for 30 seconds or so, and while 7 minutes doesn't sound like much, it's eternity when you're looking for that little sound... So despite 3 - 4 episodes of not being able to find it at all so far, it's always come back, most recently last night after not being able to find it for the last two tries (3 days apart each time). Don't worry - just be patient, patient, patient, moving that wand a milimeter at a time, and listening hard to hear it in the background behind the gurgling etc!

PS - I record it on my phone sometimes when I hear it, and if I'm not sure whether or not I've found it again, I compare the new sound to the recording to be sure.

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"