February 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Bump?

Hello!

Forgive me if this has already been talked about - I did a search and nothing came up, but it also seemed like something was glitching.

Just wondering if anyone is sporting a baby bump yet? I'm 14 weeks and 1 day today and at the end of last week my stomach seemed to have started to stick out a bit.  I thought it had earlier but sometimes it would go away by morning or just seemed to be bloat - but now it seems pretty consistent. Someone at work however commented that it's strange to be showing so early since it's my first and that I'm probably having twins. Well I'm not having twins (I have an ultrasound to prove it). I also haven't really gained any weight so I don't think I have eaten my way into a bump :).

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Bump?

• Options
    This exactly what is happening to me. I know it's not bloat anymore because it is still the same when I wake up in the morning. This is my first too, but I have a small torso and there is not a lot of room for things to stretch and grow without people noticing. I will say that only the people who know I am pregnant think I am showing. I am sure strangers just think I am chubby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have a lower belly bump in the morning. Once I eat breakfast I look quite pregnant.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am having the exact same issue! Someone told me over the weekend theres no way I should be showing until I'm 6 months pregnant since its my first ... (um, really?)  I am not having twins either so now I don't know what to do. I cried all weekend over this comment.

No one except your OB or MW should ever tell you what you "should" look or feel like. My very educated and amazing ultrasound tech did tell me two weeks ago that since my previously tilted uterus has corrected itself to the right position I would notice a "bump" much faster since it has to move other things to make room.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I def have one, im 13 weeks and feel like it popped last week. I have also heard that its not normal for your first and all my friends didnt show until 6 months.... BUT everyone is different! So i wouldnt worry about it too much if youre showing early. There are a lot of different factors and everyone is different. I also gained 5 lbs like as soon as i found out and stayed that way for the whole 1st trimester, so i dont think thats normal either haha.. o well! Normal is overrated... be proud of your bump!
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and relatively clueless about being pregnant.  But the one thing I have learned is that everyone's body is different!!!  DO NOT listen to people who tell you that you should/shouldn't be showing.  I just got a bump that won't go away about a week ago.  I'm a little self conscious because I feel like a look fat, but...I'm also excited because it means my baby is growing!  Only listen to your doctor.  Enjoy your bump and buy some stretchy waste pants (just started wearing them the end of last week, soooo wonderful!).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OMG, people have some nerve to comment on how others grow. You are fine. In my first pregnancy I was in the same boat you are in. I had a small bump at 14 weeks and then when I ate it looked significantly larger. You have to remember everyday the uterus is growing and it is slowly pushing everything higher and higher. It is usually around 12-13 weeks when the uterus "pops" out of the pelvic bone. As the other posters said we are all different. I am 12 weeks and have hovered around my pre pregnancy weight even though my bump is much more noticeable this time around.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagebezbenak:
    I'm a FTM and relatively clueless about being pregnant.  But the one thing I have learned is that everyone's body is different!!!  DO NOT listen to people who tell you that you should/shouldn't be showing.  I just got a bump that won't go away about a week ago.  I'm a little self conscious because I feel like a look fat, but...I'm also excited because it means my baby is growing!  Only listen to your doctor.  Enjoy your bump and buy some stretchy waste pants (just started wearing them the end of last week, soooo wonderful!).

Well put! I feel the same way. My neighbor and my friend's sister both just tried to nicely tell me that I "looked different" or that "I thought you gained a little weight"! I couldn't believe it! Of course that upset me because I am still less than 12 weeks, but this past weekend I was caught in a photo (of my profile) and I was like, oh I guess I popped, because it was definitely a pretty good size bump (much more than the blob I've been feeling like), and all in all I've only gained 3.5 lbs, so I have to believe it's mostly baby.

• Options

This! I could have written the exact same response!

Edit - I meant to quote sragreen! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    I'll be 13 weeks in a few days and I haven't gained a pound but I definitely have a bump. It just kind of popped up this past week. I thought it was just more bloating at first (which I've had since 8 weeks) but the past few days it hasn't gone down and I can't suck it in. It especially sticks out after I eat (So I am still blaming it on lunch, I'm not ready to look pregnant!). Unless they just really missed something on the ultrasound I am not having twins. My mom told me I wouldn't show until 7 months with my first. Haha!
  • Options

Sounds like a baby bump to me!

By the end of week 12, I really started to notice my lower belly sticking out, and my jeans became impossible to zip completely.  I actually broke down today and bought my first pair of maternity jeans, and let me tell you that stretchy waistband feels wonderful! 

Every person & every pregnancy is different.  From what I have read, around week 12 is when a lot of people start to notice the beginning of a bump.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"