August 2012 Moms

If I get one more text asking me...

if I'm still pregnant, I'm going to shut my phone off.  My dad is the worst.  He keeps iming me, texting, and calling me multiple times a day saying "So????" Seriously dad...you'll be one of the first 2 people I call.  JEEEZ!  It's hard enough sitting here like a ticking time bomb, I don't need a constant reminder.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If I get one more text asking me...

• Right there with you! And its my dad that's pestering too! Finally I was like " I am still VERY pregnant, I promise you will know when LO is here". I try to take longer and longer at responding because it is getting repetitive, but I don't want to make him worry if I take TOO long to respond.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • My doula is the only one I tolerate texting me like this. It is more of a check-up from her. I would turn my phone of, but I would be afraid to turn it back on, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom keeps coming up with random excuses to call me. I think she called me 3 times yesterday to ask or tell me something completely random; but I know it's really her checking to see if anything is happening yet.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This didn't bother me until today. Today, for whatever reason, my phone and email have been going crazy. First of all, it's from people who would absolutely know if there were any changes from 10 minutes ago. Secondly, can everyone just calm the eff down? I still have 3 days to go. Texting/emailing/calling me incessantly is going to get you nowhere!

I think I'm cranky because I have heartburn. Heartburn is annoying!

• People keep posting on my FB wall... I may lock my wall soon.
  • I'm getting em too! Pretty annoying. I'm overdue as it is people, please don't remind me!
  • imagemorgs8384:
    Right there with you! And its my dad that's pestering too! Finally I was like " I am still VERY pregnant, I promise you will know when LO is here". I try to take longer and longer at responding because it is getting repetitive, but I don't want to make him worry if I take TOO long to respond.

Yea, I was trying the whole waiting to respond.  If I wait too long, he moves onto the phone calls and if I don't answer that, DH's phone is next lol.  I get that the worry of a parent never goes away...but give me a break! lol 

• imageabbyful:
    My mom keeps coming up with random excuses to call me. I think she called me 3 times yesterday to ask or tell me something completely random; but I know it's really her checking to see if anything is happening yet.

This is my mom...... "How are you feeling today"

I AM FEELING FINE LEAVE ME ALONE.

• ccamccam member
    I've never had so many texts/calls in my life!!  The constant ones from my mother are killing me - you will be one of the first to know, don't worry!!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I know right???  Last night SIL called to "check in" and DH told her we gave birth to quadruplets over the weekend.
  • I posted a pic of my daughter that I had taken this morning as I was dropping her off at school and a friend commented with, "No baby yet?".  Well umm, no.  It would be really hard to be at the hospital having a baby and dropping my kid off at school at the same time so no, no baby.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • People really do need to relax! i feel like everyone else is freaking out except for my husband and I. What I don't understand is... that the people who are constantly calling and questioning are the ones who don't answer when we call them! And then take forever to call back! If they're on alert, why don't they answer? Makes my blood boil! Stop calling then! Grrr!
  • MIL finally stopped texting and calling. I think she realized she was wrong about her guess date. (She had it in her mind the entire pregnancy that last week was going be the week.) She didnt pester me on friday or all weekend, and so far she hasnt today!
  • My dad is the worst!  He knows he is going to be the first to be called, he and my step-mother are driving here from CT when they know for certain it is go time...no one else wants to know until after the baby is born (my MIL thinks she'll worry too much waiting...I think that is the general consensus with the rest of the family.). I love talking to him, I love how excited he is, and I'm so happy they are coming to help us...but I'm already antsy enough! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My mum keeps posting pictures of me as a baby on Facebook, tagging me in them, and saying "tick tick tick" as the caption, and "tick tick tick" as her status. Driving me nuts.  

Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• I have to be at my moms house because it is closer to the hospital and drs and I dont feel like driving over and hour 2 times a week for NSTs and appointments. So I get the how are you feeling every morning  and when she gets home from work. I so badly wanna scream I am still contracting but it aint time yet.
  • I've had multiple texts from friends that are simply "have you popped yet?" Umm...no...not yet, this balloon is still very much in tact and DH will send you a text message to let you know if something is happening. Seriously people, do you all really think we'll have this baby and not tell anyone?

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • imagemollyxcate:
    People keep posting on my FB wall... I may lock my wall soon.

Ditto! I finally locked my wall and just posted "NO the baby is not here, No your not an exception, please stop asking, YES if there is a change I iwll let you know. For now, THAT IS ALL"

Seems pretty effective, and I just dont answer texts about it any more, I change the topic, or just dont respond. I started getting them around 37 weeks, and now that I am over 40 i get them so much, I dont even bother checking when my phone beeps any more..

Good for me I am at least 450 miles from my closest family member! so no one can surprise me! And i was set up for my induction today (it will be thursday) so that seems to have people backing of 100%!

Good Luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• It's the in-laws for me. Calling twice a day and texting in between those calls. And god forbid we don't pick up the phone or text back quick enough. Super annoying. I informed them Friday we will not be calling anyone until LO is born. I want to have some alone time with my DH and LO. They're upset but tough it's my choice. I don't want all kinds of people in the waiting room and I want to make sure we get alone time and I can get cleaned up after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"