3rd Trimester

Rectal Pain? 39 weeks....

I know that pressure in the pelvic region/rectum is one of the myriad of feelings that can normally accompany late pregnancy because of baby dropping, muscles loosening etc. I'm curious though if having the rectal pressure/pain consistently now is any sort of sign for how the baby is positioned, or if i am more likely to have back labor. My mom went days early with each of us kids so im thinking my time is coming soon, and ive had intense shooting pains focused mostly in my rectal area, with a dull pressure pretty much everywhere else all morning. Also feeling a lot of urgency to empty my bladder even though it may be empty. No contrax yet, just hoping to compare to some other moms' experiences and how it connected to labor starting....

Re: Rectal Pain? 39 weeks....

• With my last two pregnancies I always had distinct contractions with labor. They would wrap around the lower abdomen and intensify. There was definitely a timing with them. You really could not mistake them.

I had pelvic pressure at the end of the pregnancies, but necessarily associated with labor.

• my ds sits inbetween my rectal/vaginal wall. so i feel your discomfort. my ds is also at a +2 so he is very low. your baby is just gearing up and getting into position. it is very uncomfortable, believe me i know. sometimes when i walk. i feel like i am getting head butted in the cervix and makes me wanna drop to my knees. best of luck, its almost done!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! It's good to have a few stories to compare to
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"