February 2013 Moms
Options

What NOT to say to anyone, let alone a pregnant woman!!!

So yesterday was about the worst day I've had emotionally since becoming pregnant.  I was doing fine, just a little tired from a long week but  I got myself into work at 8am as usual.  The first person I saw there was the woman I share my office with...and the FIRST thing she says to me is...."Wow, you look like SH--!!"  Now, nornally if someone were to say something so incredibly rude to me, I would find a way to make a joke out if it, and it really wouldn't bother me.  But I was stunned!!  I just stood there, with my jaw dropped, in shock!!  Then I felt myself getting welled up, so I might have mumbled a response (can't remember!) then quickly left the room to try to compose myself, which took 20 minutes!  I mean I was crying like a child!!  Well, that set the tone for my day....I just felt so horrible all day, even though I know she is a rude, insensitive person and I should never take anything she says personally.  I've worked with her for 2 years, so I know this....but boy those pregnancy hormones really got the best of me!!   I cried a few more times during the day for silly reasons, then completely lost it at home with my husband.  After a day like that, I decided to take today off to regroup and relax..........but seriously, what is WRONG with some people!?!?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  image

Re: What NOT to say to anyone, let alone a pregnant woman!!!

• Options

I will never, for the life of me, understand what makes a person lose all sense of what is right and wrong when it comes to speaking to a pregnant woman. 

I'm so sorry that she was such a major b!tch. I'm sure there are plenty of things that you'd like to have said back to her, but I probably would've been shocked, too. For what it's worth, I'm sure you look amazing, and even if you're having a bit of a rough day, who flucking cares. You are growing a human being, which is amazing.

Treat yourself to something special today. I hope you feel better! 

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The lady who sits in the cubicle next to me (whom I dislike... a lot) told me last week that I looked really tired. Well, no ***. I AM tired, but I don't need her to remind me.

Yesterday another co-worker asked me if I was pregnant. I responded "I'm getting married in 2 months, do you think I would just let myself go like this if I was not pregnant?" Rude question. Rude answer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't stand people.  No one at work knows I'm pregnant yet but yesterday someone told me I looked "tired". It really annoyed me because she basically means I look like hell.  When I was pregnant with my first lo this one security guard would always say "are you sure there's only one in there!?!"  So finally I responded back by saying "you say that every time you see me and it's really annoying".  She stopped.  lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    That is horrible!! I can't believe what some people think is ok to say!!!  I am glad you realize that it's just her personality.  Hope she doesn't say anything like that again, and if she does, you should say "well that's not a very nice thing to say"!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How about saying, "You're not looking so hot yourself. At least I have an excuse!" People suck.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Last week, my OB told me my eyes looked crappy.  lol.   I  was saying how sick I am still getting, so he said my weight was good, and my skin looked good, but my eyes looked crappy.  I informed him it is because of my allergies, and they always look that way.  If I didn't know him so well, it would probably have offended me, but I just thought it was funny. 
  • Options

imagealissamb:
    How about saying, "You're not looking so hot yourself. At least I have an excuse!" People suck.

I LOVE this one...I will have to use if if she decides to ever say anything like that again!!  Thanks for all of the funny responses and the support!  I am enjoying my day playing hookie and am about to go to Buy Buy Baby to browse for a while..... :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  image

• Options
    imagealissamb:
    People suck.
    This sums it up
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Like you said, you should just simply never say that to ANYONE!! But especially a pregnant woman. It makes me so sad that there are so many rude people out there. Everyone is so self centered that they simply don't think about how their words will affect others. And we as women are so sensitive to words even when we're NOT pregnant. Make your DH tell you all the reasons he loves you today. And maybe spend time with a good girlfriend who will boost your spirits. Hope you feel better!! 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"