September 2012 Moms

Negative Fetal Fibronectin and leaking?

I'm off to L&D, but I just had a cervical check (closed, long, but soft) and negative FFN test on tuesday, and today I have been leaking fluid that has no scent. How worried should I be, and what do you think will happen the hospital? I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm at a high risk for preterm labor.
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage image

Re: Negative Fetal Fibronectin and leaking?

• have you been leaking continuously? when my water broke I would have small gushes whenever I changed positions after sitting/laying down for about 15mins. That's the only difference I could tell between it and discharge since I had a small leak. At the hospital they will hook you up to monitor for contractions and take a swab of the fluid to see if it's amniotic. It shouldn't take very long for the results to come back. GL!
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • They will probably do a speculum exam to test for amniotic fluid.  If it comes back positive, you will have to be admitted to the hospital until you deliver.  This happened to me at 30 weeks and I was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks until I delivered at 33w4d.  Feel free to PM me if you have an other questions about my experience!

ETA:  FFN =/= Amniotic Fluid.  If you are leaking something other than urine or cervical fluid, it would be amniotic fluid, not FFN, so the negative FFN test wouldn't mean anything.   

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Loading the player...
  • FFN tests are usually 90+% accurate so hopefully it's just weird discharge. Did they check for a bacteria infection on Tuesday?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This happened to me. I went to L&D they took a pee sample to test for UTI then they hooked me up to a monitor that monitors your baby's HB, baby's movements & your contractions (if any). Then they test down there for amniotic fluid and look at your cevix to see if it's open. They also do an ultrasound to measure the amniotic fluid in your uterus. I was there for 2 hours. My leakage is urine. Baby presses on the bladder almost all the time. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"