August 2012 Moms

Anyone else have a head cold?

I can't even believe that I ended up with a head cold at 39 weeks in 90 degree weather.  I could not be more miserable right now.

Now i'm hoping he stays in for a few more days so I can clear up.  I can't imagine labor with a blocked nose, headache and a sore throat on top of contractions and trying to push.  I especially don't want to give any germs to my LO 2 seconds after he's born.

I'd like to thank the mother who thought it would be nice to send her extremely sick kid to daycare last week, just so he could give his cold to my kid and then my husband and myself! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else have a head cold?

• I also have a cold and have been completely miserable for the past week. I haven?t taken any medication, but I?ve been using a humidifier and nasal breathing strips at night. Both seem to be helping making sleeping more manageable. Hope you get well soon!
  • Oh my goodness. I just came down with a cold yesterday. I feel HORRIBLE. It is basically the worse cold I ever had and there really is nothing to be done about it. My grandma just made me feel so much worse because she told me I probably wouldn't be completely rid of the cold until I have this baby. I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. I so could not take this for another 2 1/2 weeks. I had to call out of work today and I almost never do that.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor said I could take sudafed...normally I refuse to take anything while pregnant, but at this point...I caved :(.  It's not working yet though ugh
  • The day after I came home from the hospital it hit me. Sore throat and terrible cough. I am so glad Rhett sleeps like a rock because with as much as I have been coughing there is no way he would get any sleep. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Me! The nurse practitioner at my OB's office last Friday announced she was sick and that's why she wouldn't shake my hand at the beginning of the appt....well I still got sick. Not being able to breathe b/c of baby and now that my nose is plugged is not fun! I feel your pain!
  • me too.  i work as a teacher and this cold has worked its way through my class like wildfire.  (god forbid a parent actually keep their sick child home from school). my bosses even considered sending my class home today because everyone is sick and me and my assistant both called out sick. i will be 39 wks on sunday and am hoping this baby stays put until i can kick this cold. 
  • Me!! Im due today and started with a slight runny nose two nights ago and was fine yestetday and then boom attacked me again last night adding a sore throat and sneezing.. now hoping this baby girl stays inside until i can hopefully kick this i dont want to get her sick!! Dr said i can take sudafed benydryl and saline drops.. took the drops trying to hold off on the sudafed for a few! Figures i go all this time not sick once to death bed on my due date!' 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"