Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

3 in 1 Car seat?

Does anyone have one or can recommend one.  I need an extra car seat for my 2 year old and want something that is going to last a long time.  TIA!

Re: 3 in 1 Car seat?

• Are you still rear-facing? Do you need a 3 in 1 or a 2 in 1?

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are forward facing.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Then unless you plan on using it RF'ing for a future kid, you don't need a 3 in 1 (rf'ing, ff'ing and booster). Just a ff'ing and booster in one. The booster can be backless (you remove the back of the car seat) or belt-positioning, where the back stays on. We have a 3-in-1 so I can't recommend a 2-in-1.

• Graco nautilus. My middle child used it untill 2nd grade.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here's my response from a similar post on a different board!

Okay, I can't sing the praises of this convertible carseat enough. I'm about to buy a second one for this baby! https://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=316&pfid=3625

It has awesome safety ratings, is rear-facing until 40 lbs, the harness has no holes you have to re-thread as your child grows - you just slide the straps up!, and the best part is you don't have to unthread the straps to wash the cover - it velcros around the straps. Seriously, took me one minute to take it off and put it back on the other day when I washed it. And it's machine washable and tumble dry. Best seat ever.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:

Here's my response from a similar post on a different board!

Okay, I can't sing the praises of this convertible carseat enough. I'm about to buy a second one for this baby! https://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=316&pfid=3625

It has awesome safety ratings, is rear-facing until 40 lbs, the harness has no holes you have to re-thread as your child grows - you just slide the straps up!, and the best part is you don't have to unthread the straps to wash the cover - it velcros around the straps. Seriously, took me one minute to take it off and put it back on the other day when I washed it. And it's machine washable and tumble dry. Best seat ever.

We have the Symphony 65 and love it, but OP doesn't need to spend extra money on a 3-in-1.

• I always recommend Graco or Britax brands. My baby is using a 2-1 though so not much help, but alteast keep these two brands in mind as they are generally high ranking in safety!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like you don't need RFing so I would say Britax Frontier, Recaro ProSport, Evenflo Maestro (economical choice). The Britax Frontier is available on amazon for $199, marked down from $299 right now too!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 3-n-1 seats aren't normally recommended. A lot of people seem to flock to the Alpha Omega Elite/Eddie Bauer seats, because they think that it will be the last seat they need but that is not the case. It would actually be the last seat I would ever recommend.

If you are already forward facing, then the prior poster gave you some good options. I would probably go with the Maestro if budget is an issue. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"