March 2012 Moms

the anti-napper strikes again

DD has never been a long napper. She is famous for a bunch of 20-30 minutes throughout the day.

Yesterday...she took two 20 minutes naps. Only 2!!?!?! And was grumpy.

Today...I rocked her for 40 minutes, put her in the swing, she slept for 10-15 minutes.

This isn't like her. She may take short naps but she isn't normally so hard to go down or so grumpy about it.

Teething is about the only thing I can figure. Or hungry. She has been very interested lately in watching the big people eat.

Whatever it is....I need more quiet in my day. The is the first time I actually have wished that my mother lived closer so I could just pawn the baby off on her and get a couple hours of silence.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: the anti-napper strikes again

• Oh man, I feel you! Dom did that to me on Monday. He kept acting like he was so tired but would only stay down for 15-20 minutes even though I knew he needed more sleep. The next day he napped from 1:30-5 to make up for it. So inconsistent. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I usually only supplement with formula at night but decided to give her an ounce after her last feeding. She isn't sleeping but she is playing by herself.....quietly. No screaming. So I bet, even though she was nursing fine and normally, she was still a little bit hungry.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • DD was the exact same yesterday! I think she was teething though. Then today shots, and once again wide awake. The nurse said, oh she may be extra sleepy today due to her shots. In my mind I thought, not my child. So far she hasn't slept.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is DD everyday. She naps for a total of about an hour each day, but it's in 5 to 10 minute increments, and usually in my arms after nursing. She's slept through the night since she was a week old, and I wouldn't trade that for the world. But, yeah, I don't get a lot done...especially with a toddler besides...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"