February 2013 Moms
Options

Clicky Poll: How long have you been married?

Today is DH and I's 3 year wedding anniversary!  For us, personally, I feel like this is the perfect time to have our first..  We celebrated Monday with a round of mini-golf, an upscale dinner downtown, and then went to a "barcade" and played lots of retro video games (Street Fighter II and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, anyone?)

So, I was wondering, how long have people been married (or committed to) their partner?   

[Poll]
Our "Love Child" is due Valentine's Day 2013!
P1040109BabyFetus Ticker
Our Fur Babies: Karma and Abbey
dscn0858106_0810

Re: Clicky Poll: How long have you been married?

• Options
    I am so terrible at remembering that sort of thing...have no idea when our anniversary is or anything like that. I know we met in 1998, but I don't think we got married until 2002? 2003? Obviously, we're not big greeting card people...it's ironic, as I can remember very specific historical dates, but if it relates to someone I know, I never have any idea!
  • Options
    Congrats on your 3 year anniversary! Our first anniversary will be this October...we didn't waste any time lol :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!

Our first, DD, was supposed to come just 2 weeks after our 5th anniversary. She ended up coming 4 weeks before it. This one will come 3 months before our 7th anniversary. Personally, I'm really glad we had those years for the two of us before adding kids. All of DD's issues made things really stressful at the beginning, and having a solid relationship was essential. Plus I don't feel we can really enjoy each other and be spontaneous like we could before her.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    We just celebrated our 2yr anniversary in July
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Options
    Coming up on our 2 yr wedding anniversary in September! (Been together for 5 years) And hubby is planning a special weekend gateway!! Can't wait!!!! First time away from DS so a little nervous too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our 5-year wedding anniversary is at the end of September, but our 10-year anniversary of being together is at the beginning of November. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We've been married for 3 1/2 yrs but will be together 9 yrs in Nov!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congratulations!! 

Today is our 4 year anniversary (08/08/08)!  Going out to dinner tonight and we'll probably take a weekend trip - debating San Antonio, Austin, or South Padre.

imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageschwabmomma:
    Congrats on your 3 year anniversary! Our first anniversary will be this October...we didn't waste any time lol :)

Yes, congrats! Our first anniversary will be in February...a week or so after baby comes. We thought it would take a few months to get our BFP since I was on BC for so long...NOPE! It only took 2 months lol.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our two year wedding anniversary is next month, but we have been together for 6 and a half years. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageJACKIE_RS88:

Congratulations!! 

Today is our 4 year anniversary (08/08/08)!  Going out to dinner tonight and we'll probably take a weekend trip - debating San Antonio, Austin, or South Padre.

Yay!!! Congrats :) I love anniversaries! 

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our first anniversary was in July.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • Options
    We've been married just over 2 years, but we first dated when I was a junior and he was a freshman in high school, so we've known each other for almost 17 years. Life kind of bumped us around over the years but always brought us back together, usually as friends. In 2008, when I moved from MD to NC, we were "just friends", but realized that no matter where the other was, that's where we wanted to be. He moved down with me a week after I moved, got engaged in 2009, and we were married in 2010. He adopted my son shortly after (it was finalized last summer), and now we've got another one on the way. Every time I think about our relationship, it amazes me how life can work out. Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! We have been married 6 years this October. I can't believe that we have been together for the most part of 14 years! I feel old. We took a brief break in University when both of us had school to focus on (5 hours away from each other) and wanted to explore different things. We did discuss getting married when I was 19 which would mean we would be married 11 years this year! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Next month will be 4 years. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options
    I clicked 3-4 yrs, but we fit in the 4-5 year time frame. Our 5th will be next April...we had originally planned on a weekend getaway but I think it will be more of a family affair with all 4 of us (oh wow, there's gonna be FOUR of us)!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options

imageSynth:
    We've been married just over 2 years, but we first dated when I was a junior and he was a freshman in high school, so we've known each other for almost 17 years. Life kind of bumped us around over the years but always brought us back together, usually as friends. In 2008, when I moved from MD to NC, we were "just friends", but realized that no matter where the other was, that's where we wanted to be. He moved down with me a week after I moved, got engaged in 2009, and we were married in 2010. He adopted my son shortly after (it was finalized last summer), and now we've got another one on the way. Every time I think about our relationship, it amazes me how life can work out. Smile

We first met in high school too!  Nothing serious, more like make-out buddies (lol).  But I can say I first kissed my husband at age 14... I don't know if that's sweet or just kind of weird! But we stopped talking when he went to college but reunited 7 years ago thanks to facebook.  Yes.. getting old indeed. 

P1040109BabyFetus Ticker
    dscn0858106_0810
  • Options

imageSynth:

We first met in high school too!  Nothing serious, more like make-out buddies (lol).  But I can say I first kissed my husband at age 14... I don't know if that's sweet or just kind of weird! But we stopped talking when he went to college but reunited 7 years ago thanks to facebook.  Yes.. getting old indeed. 

P1040109BabyFetus Ticker
    dscn0858106_0810
  • Options
    3 years for us today too! Congrats!
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary! I can't believe we are coming up on 7 years over Labor Day weekend!! It sure doesn't feel that long ago!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary!  We will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary a couple months after LO is born. On July 27th it was 10 years dating... time flies!
    *Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 
  • Options
    Started dating our junior year of high school. Our 4 year wedding anniversary is next week.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary! I have been with my husband for 10 years and we have been married for 7 years.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagesragreen:

imageschwabmomma:

Yes, congrats! Our first anniversary will be in February...a week or so after baby comes. We thought it would take a few months to get our BFP since I was on BC for so long...NOPE! It only took 2 months lol.  

I'm right there with you guys!  Our first anniversary will be in November.  We were surprised it happened so fast, too!!  But very happy!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KD79KD79 member

Happy anniversary to both of you celebrating anniversaries today!

I feel like an old maid after reading this post.  My husband I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary in November!  However, we married kind of young, considering today's standards.  I was 23 and he was 25. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we've been married one year (well, in a week and a half), but have been together committed for 10 years!
  • Options

10yrs married - our aniversary is this Friday. Big Smile

15 yrs together.

Yeah - we  waited a while before we had our first! Stick out tongue

• Options

Just celebrated our two year anniversary in July.  Can't believe we already have one and two on the way!!

• Options
    We got married right after we graduated from college...7 years ago!

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    we have been married for four years but together for 6 :)
  • Options
    We just tied the knot on Sunday after 3 years of living together! :) Newlyweds here with baby number 2 on the way.
  • Options

Apparently I can't remember how long we've been married. LOL.

I voted for 3-4 years. It has only been 2 years though. 3 in September if that counts? LOL

• Options

Happy Anniversary!

We will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary in October. Baby #1 was about a month after our 10th. :) 

• Options
    image101Mims:

10yrs married - our aniversary is this Friday. Big Smile

15 yrs together.

Yeah - we  waited a while before we had our first! Stick out tongue

We did too!!  :) 

• Options

I voted 3-4...we've been married 4 this October, but we've been together for 11 years!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We will be celebrating 4 yrs of marriage on Sept 20th and have been together 7 years as of this past April.

DD came along just before the 2 yr anniversary, but DH and I were more than ready.  We were both past 30 at that point, so waiting wasn' really something we wanted to do.

• Options

Our First Kiss: June 6th 2003

Moved in Together: May 2007

Married: June 6th 2010

Conceived Our Baby: June 6th 2012 (Happy anniversary!)

The years shorten by one as we pass our milestones. Maybe it's a subconscious pattern and we'll buy a house before our next anniversary? 

• Options
    Technically we've been married four, but engaged for 18 months prior to that, and starting dating 10 years ago.  So I went with 5+.  Love my highschool sweetheart :).
  • Options
    Married 2 years (as of the beginning of June), known each other/been together for 3 years. 
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"