Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC and hot tubs???

My DH was in a hot tub about 5 weeks ago.I told him it wasn't good for him, while we were TTC. I thought it would be a few days and he'd be okay. Then I googled it and  I've read online that it can take 70-90 days for them to regenerate!

Does anybody know how accurate this info is?? If this is true, it would mean I wouldn't be able to conceive for a few more months!! :_(

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TTC and hot tubs???

• It does take around 90 days for them to regenerate. IMO, going in the hot tub isn't that big of a deal. I'm sure many children were conceived after a night in the hot tub.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The 90 day/3 month rule if for the new sperm that is being created, not the sperm he has that is ready to go. (I think, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) But, yes, it is accruate. It is espicially true when a guy starts/stops any meds/vitamins.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Loading the player...
  • It's really not a big deal. If your DH has no know sperm issues and he isn't sitting in one everyday for hours, the little guys will be fine.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As others said, yes, sperm takes that long to regenerate. So if your DH would somehow have killed all his sperm by sitting in a tub, it would take 90 days to be back in full strength. But obviously, sitting in a tub doesn't kill all of his sperm.

Some people avoid hot tubs over 100 ?F and sauna's altogether while TTC, but I've read others saying that sitting for a short while in a hot tob once or twice a week is not a problem. His onetime tub visit is very unlikely to make any difference at all, let alone make him infertile for months.

• The one time that he was in, was for a few hours. Do you think he's okay? We haven't done a sperm analysis. The first time we tried conceiving, it happened the first month (that ended in a loss in April). So I'd assume his little guys are plentiful. It would suck if we made all this effort and he's just shooting blanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepaperbooties:
    The one time that he was in, was for a few hours. Do you think he's okay? We haven't done a sperm analysis. The first time we tried conceiving, it happened the first month (that ended in a loss in April). So I'd assume his little guys are plentiful. It would suck if we made all this effort and he's just shooting blanks.

Again yes, he's fine. I'm sorry for your loss.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for all your responses.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepaperbooties:
    The one time that he was in, was for a few hours. Do you think he's okay? We haven't done a sperm analysis. The first time we tried conceiving, it happened the first month (that ended in a loss in April). So I'd assume his little guys are plentiful. It would suck if we made all this effort and he's just shooting blanks.

The likelihood of damaging your husband's sperm to the point of aspermazoa is very very low. If your husband has no known issues then one session in the hot tub is not going to hurt him. He definitely would not be "shooting blanks" over it. I think you are over reacting in a big way. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:

imagepaperbooties:

The likelihood of damaging your husband's sperm to the point of aspermazoa is very very low. If your husband has no known issues then one session in the hot tub is not going to hurt him. He definitely would not be "shooting blanks" over it. I think you are over reacting in a big way. 

Your probably right. I should really stop googling things! They are turning me into a paranoid maniac. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If a hot tub would really kill all your sperm, it would be pretty interesting for those TTA. "We're getting married in October, so until then my FI will have to go to the tub every month". More fun than condoms, right?
  • imageElinetrouwt:
    If a hot tub would really kill all your sperm, it would be pretty interesting for those TTA. "We're getting married in October, so until then my FI will have to go to the tub every month". More fun than condoms, right?

LOL! I was thinking the same. Sorry if you all found my question ridiculous. I've been lurking on here for awhile. I thought you would all be more reliable then the answers I've been getting from google. The answers you've all given, make me feel much better.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepaperbooties:

imageElinetrouwt:
    If a hot tub would really kill all your sperm, it would be pretty interesting for those TTA. "We're getting married in October, so until then my FI will have to go to the tub every month". More fun than condoms, right?

LOL! I was thinking the same. Sorry if you all found my question ridiculous. I've been lurking on here for awhile. I thought you would all be more reliable then the answers I've been getting from google. The answers you've all given, make me feel much better.

Run, don't walk away from Dr. Google! It will always tell you are dying from a freakish disease. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• In a hot tub for a few hours? I can't imagine being in one that long, I would be a gigantic prune!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"