February 2013 Moms
Options

Bambooies Free Nursing Pads

Saw this on another board!  Bambooies nursing pads are giving away a free pair if you pay shipping (about $3).  I've heard really good things about these, so I got a pair to try.  Those of you that have used them before - do you like the shape?  Seemed odd to me.  I was planning on making some reusable ones this time, but want to try out some "commercially" (or etsy) made ones first.  Any other suggestions of kinds to try?

Link for freebies!

https://shop.buybamboobies.com/Free-Bamboobies-Free-Bamboobies.htm?_=1328838885757

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bambooies Free Nursing Pads

• Options

I used Bamboobies!  I absolutely LOVED them!  I got two of the packs that had 3 regular ones and 1 overnight one.  I never really used the overnight ones, although they are really soft, they feel bulky.  I did however use the regular ones ALL the time and I never leaked through them.  They never felt cold, and they are so comfortable.  I wore them with many kinds of bras, and they never showed.  

I will ONLY be using these with this pregnancy.  I swear that my disposables (I didn't know about bamboobies at first) gave me thrush, and they felt like SOS pads on my sore nipples.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemjr12:

I used Bamboobies!  I absolutely LOVED them!  I got two of the packs that had 3 regular ones and 1 overnight one.  I never really used the overnight ones, although they are really soft, they feel bulky.  I did however use the regular ones ALL the time and I never leaked through them.  They never felt cold, and they are so comfortable.  I wore them with many kinds of bras, and they never showed.  

I will ONLY be using these with this pregnancy.  I swear that my disposables (I didn't know about bamboobies at first) gave me thrush, and they felt like SOS pads on my sore nipples.  

Awesome!  I've heard a lot of people like these.  I used disposables last time, but it's ridiculous to have to buy so many and I never really had a huge leaking issue, more of showing through the bra issue, so reusable would be so much better.  I make my own mama pads, so I'm familar with the fabric used and I might make my own if I get the energy and time on my hands...  How many did you have in your stash or think you will purchase this time around?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:
    imagemjr12:

Awesome!  I've heard a lot of people like these.  I used disposables last time, but it's ridiculous to have to buy so many and I never really had a huge leaking issue, more of showing through the bra issue, so reusable would be so much better.  I make my own mama pads, so I'm familar with the fabric used and I might make my own if I get the energy and time on my hands...  How many did you have in your stash or think you will purchase this time around?

The fabric is so super soft, I absolutely loved it.  I never had issues with thrush, or cracking nipples after I started using them.  After giving birth in the winter time, every time I went outside, I wanted to cry, the feeling of the disposables against my nipples hurt so bad.  Maybe I'm really sensitive, I don't know, but I couldn't take it.  

I had 6 pair of the regular ones, and 2 pair of the overnights.   

I washed them in the regular wash with a garment bag, but I've managed to lose a few.  I nursed for 15 months, and used them consistently for about the first 10 (well I bought my first set when DS was 2 months). I will likely buy another set of 3 pair, and if I need more after baby comes, I'll buy one more set.  

I did notice on random occasions with one bra, the pads would slip a little, but never so much that I encountered an embarrassing situation . . .  

• Options
    How do you get them for free?
  • Options

imagehparker11:
    How do you get them for free?

I think it has ended.  They did it for world breastfeeding week, and hit more than 2,000 so they stopped.  Like them on facebook, they do it every now and again.  

• Options

Click on the category "mama essentials"  and you can choose the item "free baboobies" on that page.  It came to $3.96 with shipping.

Thanks for the info!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"