February 2013 Moms
Options

is anyone else still nauseous and vomiting?

no one seems to be talking about it but I just threw up now and earlier this am...

when is this over? I am trying to take some days off work since I feel like crap...but have to go back tomorrow...

I am starving I want to eat but I know I am going to have to puke it up! :(....

I had a McDonalds vanilla milkshake and like 15 fries and it all came out....I just had some mangos and it all came out...

how does my body know what to keep in and what to take out? 

I took a gummy prenatal vitamin but I am not sure if that came out or not? 

any cures? do these 3 lollies work? should I buy that? 

I do have rx for Zofran and I use it once in a while but that makes me so constipated...that i am trying not to take that...but do when necessary...but it doesnt work all the time either....

any advice/help would be appreciated!

Re: is anyone else still nauseous and vomiting?

• Options

I was really sick up until last week..I'm starting to feel better but still not great. I don't puke a lot any more but I'm nauseous pretty much off and on all day. I don't remember what it's like to not feel nauseous. Honestly, I feel better when I eat a snack..but if you're not keeping anything down, that wouldn't work for you.

I know the doctors around here recommend using a stool softener when they prescribe Zofran..maybe worth calling your doc about...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm just past 11 weeks and still dry heaving/gagging with the best of them. I only vomited last week, but it was due to a stomach bug. Can you take the Zofran every other day or every couple of days? Would that help without getting you too backed up?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I say take the Zofran. I've recently had some constipation issues because of it, but if you make sure what you eat has a lot of fiber in it, you should be okay. I've been snacking on dried prunes, and that has seemed to help keep things moving.

Also, for me, if I take Zofran before getting sick when I feel really awful, I'll still end up getting sick. It sucks, but if you get the sick out of your system when you wake up, then take the Zofran, it should help to settle on an empty stomach. I just find that if I take it when I've already got something about to come up, it's not as effective.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I was the sickest I've been this whole time just this past weekend. I thought the worst would be over by now, but not yet for me.

If you really can't keep anything down I would take the Zofran.

Good luck, feel better!

BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    I have been taking coalace too...and still hard to go #2...very hard...last time I went this might be TMI but it was so hard and there was blood...my dr friend who also said she was sick did say to do a fleet enema and take coalace and use tucks pads...I am so sick of throwing up...my eyes tear and my nose runs and I am a hot mess after the throw up.... :(
  • Options

I'm still sick, but I'm due towards the end of February (2/24).  Mine isn't too, too bad, and it is getting better.

I've had good luck with instant mashed potatoes...really plain, and really cheap & easy to make.  Those stay down for me, as do apples and toast.  

Sorry you've been having such a rough go of it.  Here's hoping it get's better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepumpkinseed12:

I was the sickest I've been this whole time just this past weekend. I thought the worst would be over by now, but not yet for me.

If you really can't keep anything down I would take the Zofran.

Good luck, feel better!

This. Ugh. Thought i would be on the up-swing by now.  Boo.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options

thats my due date too, 2/24!

I hate to be complaining since I know how lucky I am that this happened after trying for so long, but I am so misrable! 

• Options

I have been fighting the throwing up for the last 3 days or so, and have had waves of severe nausea.  I've noticed when I don't sleep well, it makes it 10x worse.

I'm having a hard time eating, too.  My doc told me that if I threw up 4x in a day, it was a trip to the hospital to make sure I was put on fluids.  Needless to say, I've not gotten to that point and only by the grace of God. 

I have used the Preggie Pop Drops - the organic ones agreed with me better than the regular ones...no clue why.  Lemon water and Gatorade are my other saviors.  Otherwise, I eat whatever I'm craving as that usually does not make me sick.  I get feel awful when I force down food that doesn't sound appealing, but I know I have to eat.

Hang in there - I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and really hoping this ends in the next 2 weeks or so.

• Options

imageversace1008:
    I have been taking coalace too...and still hard to go #2...very hard...last time I went this might be TMI but it was so hard and there was blood...my dr friend who also said she was sick did say to do a fleet enema and take coalace and use tucks pads...I am so sick of throwing up...my eyes tear and my nose runs and I am a hot mess after the throw up.... :(

I had bleeding last week twice when I went #2 because I was so constipated. It scared me (unfortunately didn't scare the crap out of me - ha!), but the next time I had to go I was fine. I talked to my doctor on Thursday, and he said that mineral oil or milk of magnesia would help; I believe he said 1/2 tsp., but I was so grossed out at taking either that I've blocked the thought out of my mind. I'm sticking to prunes, fruit, and veggies, and since the two scary BMs I've been fine. Still taking my Zofran when I need to, and not as backed up. You really need to look at it like which is worse: the vomiting, or the constipation? You're going to end up with one or the other, but I say go with the lesser of two evils that you can at least adjust your diet to in order to help with it. Good luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes. I puked this morning and have been nauseous all day. In fact I am starring at my burrito as I type. Then this weekend heartburn and sciatic has been acting up. I am over it.
  • Options

::raises hand::

That would be me.  Talk to your doctor. Tell him/her that the Zofran isn't working for you or that it's making you constipated. They may be able to give you something else or something to help with the constipation. I am currently on three different nausea meds (Zofran, Reglan, and Phenergan), and can barely make it through the day. Obviously this is not good for everyone, as I seem to be the extreme case (yay hyperemesis!)

Try just eating bland food all throughout the day in small meals. Don't let your stomach empty, but don't fill it all at once with lots of greasy or very flavorful food. Try sucking on sour candy (like Jolly Ranchers) or drinking ginger ale (through a straw is always better for me). I also am taking B6 to help.

As far as your prenatal goes, DH (a nurse) tells me that if I throw up within 15-20 minutes of taking my meds or vitamins that I probably threw it up and can take it again. 

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I was abnormal feeling this way still. Not that I want you all to feel miserable and nauseated too, but ugh...I was hoping it would be gone. It's not all the time at least, now. I was hoping to exercise today but given that I just want to puke right now, I think I'll pass. Which is too bad b/c I have been trying to exercise on days that I don't work. Oh well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Weeks 5-9 sucked.  Week 10 was OK.  Week 11 was great - not sick at all.  Now week 12 is back to suck.  I puked up everything I ate before 2:00 today.

• Options
    yep still there.. it sux... my last pregnancies werent like that so im like ughhhh.. i try to eat a little throughout the day to try to keep SOMETHING down.. if i go tooo long with out food. or eat tooo much at once .. once it starts it doesnt stop allll day
  • Options
    I wish I could help you out.  But I am noticing I am starting to get even more sick.  Ive started to throw up.  Before i have just been sick and nope not now.
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options
    As you can see from all the responses, it's totally normal for it to be continuing. For many women, it will go away by about 15 weeks. Unfortunately, there are those few unlucky women who get to have it all pregnancy. One of my friends is like that. She has had 3 kids and threw up at least once almost every day of each of those pregnancies. I was pretty surprised to hear she was pregnant with #3, to be honest. Hopefully you will be in the vast majority for whom it goes away soon.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    I was sick this weekend and a little nauseous now, it just depends on the day. I've been staking colace and think it is working to well because I'm in the bathroom at least twice a day!
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

*raises hand*  Me.  I have a prescription too that I try not to take a lot.  I'm thinking this has to end soon right??  I wasn't nearly this sick with baby #1, so I'm at a loss.  I start back to school (work) next week and I'm sooo scared to have a classroom of kids and still feel like this!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am still getting sick, and that is with Zofran.
  • Options
    I am doing a lot better but still not liking a whole lot of food and vomiting on occasion. I had the same problem with the zofran and had to stop taking it. I am just waiting it out at this point. I know it has to get better some time soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes! I thought it would pass by now, but it hasn't. What I have found works is as soon as I get up in the morning, I make myself a cup of Carnation Instant Breakfast. That usually stays with me. I keep graham crackers and ginger all at work to snack on between my meals. Then, I got rid of all the junk. I only eat veggies, and starchy foods like baked potatoes, rice, and pasta. If I do meat, only unseasoned chicken. I found that all of this seems to keep the nausea way. Sometimes, it doesn't always stay with me, but for the most part - it does.

I wouldn't eat any junk - especially McDonald's anything. Their smoothies are really good for your stomach - put anything else will upset it more.

You baby is just fine... this is normal and it's getting most of it's nutrients from your body. Also, try taking the prenantals before going to sleep. It will keep you from throwing it up. The vitamins can often time make you nauseated all by themselves. I actually take two Flinstone Vitamins and a Folic Acid every day and those don't upset my stomach.

Talk to your OB. I know the Zofran has some unpleasant side effects, but you should be able to take a stool softener daily with it and it will help ease that problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"