February 2013 Moms
Options

Old Navy Maternity Clothes Rant

So, last week, ON had that big sale, and I ordered two pair of pants and a few tops.  Everything came in and all the tops should fit.  The pants?  NO WAY. 

ON is a bit different from other maternity stores, in that they have you buy your same size (6, 8, 10, 12, etc), rather than Small, Medium, or Large when it comes to the pants.  I was teetering between a 10 and 12 right before I got pregnant, so I ordered size 12 pants...the "Perfect Khaki" style.  Holy clown pants.

I guess I just didn't read the reviews close enough (shame on me) because now when I read them, I would have definitely gone with a smaller size.   

This is why I hate buying things online.  I like to try my clothes on. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Old Navy Maternity Clothes Rant

• Options

The same thing happened to me.  I ordered my pre-pregnancy size and they are way to big in the bottom and hips.  I kept them as I am not sure how big I will get with twins but I did go back and order a size smaller.   I will tell you once you wash the size smaller mine are a little tight for a couple of hours while they stretch out.  I don't dry them anymore.

The shirts however (XS, S, M, L etc sizes) are way too big as well.  I am glad I just ordered T-shirty type shirts as those can be bigger and not really matter.

I have found that ON will be great when I am 5+ months along and bigger but for the in-between I did get a few things from a smaller boutique by my house as they are smaller sizes.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting ready to ship some things back to Old Navy.  I ordered a pair of capris that have absurdely small calves - I can't even pull the pants of all of the way.  The funny thing is, the thighs are loose. The were not skinny fit and I do not have large calves.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yea . ON is notorious for their clothes running huge. Sorry :/ I know it sucks when you wait and wait for somethign to come and lo and behold it doesn't fit!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Their sizing is bizarre! Beware of the skinny prego jeans from ON (the jeggings) - they run SMALL and you need to order a size up. I also made the mistake of not reading item reviews and got stuck with some pants that barely fit over my knees!!!

Sorry about your clown pants :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i had the same problem!!! i mean im happy i get to order a smaller size lol but still they were ginormous on me.. the tops fit perfectly.. i will definitely go to the store to try on the pants
    pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    They are phasing out maternity in Canada and you can't order it online. This makes me sad because it really leaves specialty high priced stores.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

The ON mat pants are TERRIBLE - they are cut so weird, I can't figure out who they are supposed to fit...  Shirts and dresses have been okay.

Also, I have had luck returning ON mat to stores that have a mat section...

• Options
    imagebaxteas:

Their sizing is bizarre! Beware of the skinny prego jeans from ON (the jeggings) - they run SMALL and you need to order a size up. I also made the mistake of not reading item reviews and got stuck with some pants that barely fit over my knees!!!

Yes! I ordered a 4 in both my jeans. The regular maternity jeans fit fine, but the skinny jeans would barely pull up. Super disappointing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've noticed this too, and not just with Old Navy. I have to try everything on, esp the pants because I've found that I'm a size or 2 smaller in maternity pants than I would be in normal pants. It's weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebaxteas:

I had the complete opposite experience with the jeggings.  I just sent them back, amongst other too big items, today.  I was swimming in them!  I ordered my regular size and looked ridiculous because they were loose, saggy, and bunchy.    

image">

image"">
  • Options
    I had really good luck with maternity jeans at the Gap. I know they are a little more expensive but I really just want one nice pair so for me it was worth the splurge. I'm tall and they have a maternity version of their long & lean line and they fit perfectly. I actually feel sexy in them. ;-)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    After reading all the pp's I was so worried! My order arrived today, and being in Australia we dont have stores and returning things would be almost as expensive as the order. Luckily everything fits/will fit once I have a bump. Phew!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagebuggirl72:
    I'm getting ready to ship some things back to Old Navy.  I ordered a pair of capris that have absurdely small calves - I can't even pull the pants of all of the way.  The funny thing is, the thighs are loose. The were not skinny fit and I do not have large calves.

For real! I got the same ones and they are super tight just on the calves! I have pretty skinny legs and I have to pull them up above my calves but then they balloon out because the rest is really baggy. The other pairs I got where fine but those Capri pants are baaad! I kept them though because by the time I returned them and got something new it would be cooler out and not worth the hassle.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"