Nurseries and Baby Gear

Too big glider??

I am so stumped about how to fit a glider (or rocker) into our nursery!! How can I fit one into a small room? Two corners have doors opening into them, and the other two corners are interrupted by the crib and the bed we need to have in there. I am stuck!! Any suggestions would be so welcome!
IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Too big glider??

• Do you have a change table in there too? I was going to keep the change table in my room instead of the nursery because she will be co-sleeping with me in the beginning and it will just be easier to have all her diapering things in my room. Only other thing I would think of doing is removing that bed from that room..even if you got the glider in there would you have the sufficient space to actually use it without it being in the middle of the room?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have two corners with doors too.  The crib is along one wall next to one corner with the door and the glider is at an angle in the other corner, away from the door.  The ottoman sticks out in to the room, but not really all that much.  The only other piece of furniture is the dresser which serves double duty as the changing station.

I don't know the dimensions of the nursery space but it all fits and the glider is able to glide its full range of motion.

• Loading the player...
  • we took the door off of the closet and put up a curtain to buy us a little more space. We moved the crib down the wall toward the closet (we can still easily get in and out but it wouldnt have fit there with the door open) and put the glider in the corner where the crib was. 

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for the great suggestions! I think I'll just need to take out the bed. It ruins my dream of crashing in there after late-night feedings, but oh well! Having a glider/rocker is definitely more important. Thanks for helping me come to a conclusion! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I kept the extra bed in the nursery and put the recliner in the living room. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • We have a rocker/recliner. It fits pretty well in a corner. If we had an ottoman, it would be in the middle of the room and we would have to step over it to get to the crib. So I think recliners are a good option for saving space (as long as the back doesn't have to go back too far).

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We bought a 2nd rocker for the 2nd baby's room and now we're going to have to sell it b/c it won't fit :-)  We have a guest bed in there and my husband thinks the guest bed is more important than the rocker.  Oh well!  I might put the rocker downstairs for a while, but probably just have to let it go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"