Trouble TTC
Options

Talk to me about "Weak Ovulation"

Has anyone's RE told them they have this?  I've been doing some reading (okay, googling), and it seems like if you have a weak ovulation, you are releasing immature eggs that may not get fertilized and/or implant.

If you've been told you ovulate weakly, how did they diagnose it?  P4 at 7dpo? U/S around O time? Did you have any symptoms that led you to believe this?

Thanks! 

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Talk to me about "Weak Ovulation"

• Options

P4 draw at 7DPO will give you a good indication. 

Generally on medicated cycles they like your level to be 15+ and 10+ on a non-medicated cycle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

Generally on medicated cycles they like your level to be 15+ and 10+ on a non-medicated cycle.

Okay, that's what I've heard.  My P4 at 7dpo was 7.4.  My RE didn't seem concerned in the least, but he's also an idiot and we're seeking another opinion.  I know that I ovulate from a year + of temping, but was thinking 7.4 might indicate a weak O. Thanks Kdg!!!

TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealb245:
    imageKdgTeacher:

Okay, that's what I've heard.  My P4 at 7dpo was 7.4.  My RE didn't seem concerned in the least, but he's also an idiot and we're seeking another opinion.  I know that I ovulate from a year + of temping, but was thinking 7.4 might indicate a weak O. Thanks Kdg!!!

As a comparison, I had a P4 of just over 13 one cycle and my RE put me on Endometrin 2x/day to get it up and I was rechecked too.

• Options

I was told I have weak ovulation back in Oct. 2010 from my P4 reading at 7dpo plus the fact that my LP was around 10 days long.  With Progesterone supps it's now 12 days but still...

In the three years of TTC, even when on clomid (and then injects) and P4 supps, I still get my period 12dpo.   My first round of clomid I had a P4 of 25 so I was happy, but since then my three other treatment cycles I still only have a P4 reading of 12-15 and that's with two "mature" size follies.  So I have fears that if/when we are able to move on to IVF that we will have an issue of how many eggs retrieved vs. how many are actually mature.  

It sucks, knowing full well that I ovulate every single month but concerned that none of them are good enough.  But of course, we're dealing with MFI too so combined we're just a bad pair.  Both of our problems are considered "Mild", but started cycle 45 yesterday with four treatment cycles under our belts I don't feel "mild" anymore.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    imagekatib77:

Both of our problems are considered "Mild", but started cycle 45 yesterday with four treatment cycles under our belts I don't feel "mild" anymore.

Cycle 45?? You are my hero - you always seem so upbeat!  Yeah, I'm not sure "mild" is a word I would want describing my diagnosis at that point. Big huge hugs!!

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejuleskeim:
    imagealb245:
    imageKdgTeacher:

Yeah, if you're talking about who I think you are, glad we are both leaving. 

Yep!  I think I've figured out why all new patients get in so quickly with him!  From my googling/stalking of message boards, we don't seem to be the first ones to leave him! 

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My OB suggested I might have weak ovulation, which is either combined with/related to my LPD. She did a CD21 b/w to check and make sure I DID ovulate by then, and also checked my P4 which was 7.2 I am leaving her services currently to go to an RE, but in this DX I think she's right, or very close to it. 

I tried a 50mg Clomid+HcG trigger+progesterone suppositories this cycle, and WOW what a difference. I noticed a HUGE difference in my body pre-O and post-O, and my temps during the two phases were vastly different as well. I'm curious to see what the RE says when I go in a week, but I do think my medicated cycle helped.  

• Options
    imagealb245:
    imagekatib77:

Both of our problems are considered "Mild", but started cycle 45 yesterday with four treatment cycles under our belts I don't feel "mild" anymore.

Cycle 45?? You are my hero - you always seem so upbeat!  Yeah, I'm not sure "mild" is a word I would want describing my diagnosis at that point. Big huge hugs!!

Embarrassed Aw shucks.  ::::kicks dirt::::

My dad aways used to joke about things I complained about being "Character building excercises".  So I guess this damn IF fight has continued to to build my character.  I have my bad days just like everyone else, but I guess I always know there's a choice in life; and I choose to try everyday to enjoy it.  Besides, I love my 3T regs too much to not be everyone's cheerleader, since I am on the sidelines so much of the time due to OOP.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"