North Carolina Babies

Who has delivered at Rex?

Hi we just moved to the Leesville area and LOVE it here. I am delivering at Rex in October and was wondering about other ladies' experiences. I also heard they do newborn photography and was wanting to find out about the quality of the photos. Thanks!

Re: Who has delivered at Rex?

• I'm deliverying my first at Rex any day now, but I've had several friends that have delivered there and had a great experience, which is why I chose them.  I've also had surgery at Rex in the past as well as my husband and they've taken such good care of us.  I recommend taking your birthing class there (I did end of June) and they do a walk through of the rooms, etc.  They have a great facility with tons of help there if baby or mom isnt well as well as great security measures, private rooms, private nurses (you dont share a nurse with someone else), etc.  I also recommend Atrium OBGYN if you havent found one in the area yet.  I go there and they are wonderful.
  • I delivered both of mine at Rex (2009 and this past May).  No complaints - great nursing staff & good food (for a hospital).  The photographers are now "Bella Baby photography" - they come to your room sometime on the second day and do a session.  We thought the pics were nice enough, the lady spent about 20 minutes with us, but the prices were pretty steep.  here's their website: https://www.bellababyphotography.com/baby/home
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to Atrium! I have already had 2 visits. everyone was very nice.
  • I just delivered at Rex in Feb 29th (Leap Day).  I had a wonderful experience.  I also must disclose that I am also a Rex employee, but I don't work in the birth center.  I was very impressed with the quality of care I received.  This was the first time I have ever had a hospital stay and I felt very comfortable.  It's a magnet designated hospital, which means they have the best nurses around.  The lactation consultants are fantastic - very patient and give great advice.  I also did the birth classes and my DH and I really enjoyed that as well.

I have seen the Bella Baby photographers around, they started that after I gave birth so we didn't take advantage of it.  But we did have an excellent newborn photographer come to our house about 10 days after delivery - Ever You Photography.  She is a regular on this site and she is great.  I highly recommend her and her prices are very reasonable.

Also, the food at Rex is really good.  They just won first place in a national hospital food competition and GQ featured them in an article about the best food in the most unexpected places.  Maybe not the reason you pick a hospital - but good to know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered all three of mine at Rex and was very happy with my care.  I have no compliants.

I also used Ever You Photography for DS's newborn photos and am using her for his first year (also both DD's yearly photos).  She's great!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thank you for all of the responses!
  • I also go to Atrium and delivered at Rex and LOVED my experience with both.  When I delivered in 2010 they didn't have photographers there but Bella Baby is now there (they tried to recruit me last year as a photographer but I declined since I run my own business).  IMO hospital photography has a long way to go.  I have heard many complaints that they only spend 20 minutes taking pictures and the quality is not that great.  You are much better off researching a custom newborn photographer in the Raleigh area.  I would also be weary of anyone handling my newborn that might be inexperienced...safety should be your number one priority when choosing a newborn photographer.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I delivered at Rex in April.  It was great.  It seemed like no request was too large or too small.  We did have the Bella Baby photos.  The photos were nice, but the price is VERY high for prints.  We used Joy Lyn Photography for newborn pictures at our house.  https://www.joylynphotography.com/  She was OUTSTANDING!  She brought tons of props and was incredibly patient as my son did not want to cooperate at first.  She was not even a little frustrated.  She stay so sweet and clam the entire time she was with us.  She was willing to incorporate anything we wanted and listened to all of our requests. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"