December 2012 Moms

20 week ultra sound

We are coming up on our 20 week ultra sound and don't want to know the sex of the baby until we are alone at dinner that night (having the tech write it down and put it in an envelope). However, someone mentioned to me today that if we watch the ultra sound we could very well just see the sex of the baby. Does that really happen? Can you tell? I want to see our baby, but I don't want to ruin the surprise. Anyone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 20 week ultra sound

• I could tell right away, I knew what to look for. Have her ask you to look away when she looks maybe?
  • Just tell the tech you don't want to know.. then they can tell you when to look away from the screen.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep... if you have any idea what you're looking for, you may see it in a flash. With DD, the tech zoomed by the area on the way to someplace else, and I yelled out, "HAMBURGER!!!"
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm sure that if you tell your tech you plan maybe they could just tell you not to look if they go over that area. I had my A/S yesterday and she said to me "are you ready to know what you're having?" and then asked me to tell her what I thought I saw. I definitely knew what i was seeing although I had never seen an ultrasound before.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first, we didn't find out the sex and as we were leaving the u/s tech told us SHE didn't even know.  This last time, after she took all her measurements, she said, "alright...hopefully we can see what this baby is...I've been looking this whole time and haven't been able to tell for sure."  Soooo...I think it's really unlikely you'll be able to see/tell while they're doing the first parts/measurements.  When she actually goes to look at the sex to write it down, you might look away, just in case.  But otherwise, I wouldn't worry.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagechoppinbroccoli22:
    Yep... if you have any idea what you're looking for, you may see it in a flash. With DD, the tech zoomed by the area on the way to someplace else, and I yelled out, "HAMBURGER!!!"

LMFAO.

Yea, I'd love to celebrate with just DH and I at dinner with a gender reveal too. Am starting to think it may not be possible... 

• Our little girl was so active that the tech had to make several attempts to get the "potty" shot and, once she got it, she had to freeze the screen so we could all get a look.

Honestly, I don't think I would have been able to see the sex if the tech hadn't done that. G/L!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I guess I'll just have to ask the nurse to tell us when to look away. And if we should accidentally see what our little person is going to be it's not the end of the world. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"