Trouble TTC
Options

I'm so jealous of all of you!

I'm jealous that you are all actually going through medical treatment! We've been trying for 20 cycles, a year and a half this month, and our RE just wants us to use OPK's, have TI, and then gave me progesterone supplements in the 2WW.

Ummmmm, that's obviously not working!!!  I know 20 cycles isn't long for some of the ladies on this board, but I feel like almost everyone (who has seeked medical treatment) has done some sort of medicated cycle by this time! 

We have our 3rd and 4th opinion RE appointments on August 10th, so I'm hoping that at least one of them is agreeable to finally try something with us.  (We had a 2nd opinion visit back in June but that RE was super shady with all of the tests she recommended that conveniently could only be ordered through a lab that she owned that doesn't take insurance).

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. I'm just ready to get this show on the road!!!

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I'm so jealous of all of you!

• Options

Hi there! With such a strange title, I had to read this post. I couldn't imagine someone being jealous of being 3T, but now I get it. That sucks that your RE isn't being more aggressive- have you asked to be? Have you asked to try something else? Have you had all the tests (SA, HSG, etc)? Have they looked into recurrent pregnancy loss? My RE pretty much lays it out there and then we pick from the available, viable options.

Good luck to you and hopefully you'll get an RE that knows what he/she is doing!

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing... Have you guys had all the workup? Including genetic testing? Good Luck!
    Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAurora1181:

Hi there! With such a strange title, I had to read this post. I couldn't imagine someone being jealous of being 3T, but now I get it. That sucks that your RE isn't being more aggressive- have you asked to be? Have you asked to try something else? Have you had all the tests (SA, HSG, etc)? Have they looked into recurrent pregnancy loss? My RE pretty much lays it out there and then we pick from the available, viable options.

Good luck to you and hopefully you'll get an RE that knows what he/she is doing!

Ha, yeah I guess it is a funny title.  I wasn't thinking like that when I wrote it!  We've had all the basic testing and a little more. Everything abnormal is in my siggy.  They haven't done a complete RPL panel but the elevated ACA levels are associated with a higher risk of m/c so I've been taking daily baby aspirin for that.

We asked about medicated cycles at our first visit with our RE back in April but he "didn't think it was necesary."  We don't really like our RE either, so I'd rather wait a few weeks and hopefully we will like one of the new RE's. I definitely plan on making it clear to them that we want to be more aggressive!

TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've been trying less than 20 months, had SA, HSG and bloodwork at 12 months. I decided to try a fertility clinic for IUI, IVF. If you really want to get pregnant, I'd stop seeing RE and consider IUI already. Check with your insurance to see if they cover fertility testing and treatments...if not, start saving up...
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options

imagevpine:
    We've been trying less than 20 months, had SA, HSG and bloodwork at 12 months. I decided to try a fertility clinic for IUI, IVF. If you really want to get pregnant, I'd stop seeing RE and consider IUI already. Check with your insurance to see if they cover fertility testing and treatments...if not, start saving up...

We had all of that basic testing at 12 months too. Everything fertility related is covered except meds as long as we stay in network because we met our deductible (another reason to get things moving!).

I'm curious about IUI and willing to pursue it, but I've read that your chances are not dramatically increased unless you have MFI, and DH's S/A was fine.  

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagealb245:

imagevpine:

We had all of that basic testing at 12 months too. Everything fertility related is covered except meds as long as we stay in network because we met our deductible (another reason to get things moving!).

I'm curious about IUI and willing to pursue it, but I've read that your chances are not dramatically increased unless you have MFI, and DH's S/A was fine.  

There's more chances of conceiving with IUI and injections than IUI with just clomid.  My DH SA was wonderful, my tests were all good too, have unexplained infertility, I went to fertility clinic and will be trying IUI first (they will be doing IUI back to back, two consecutive days) to increase chances of conceiving. If that fails, I will try IVF. 

Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options

imagejuleskeim:
    My appointment with the new guy is aug 15.  I will let you know how he is, but you'd have to drive to aurora.

Thanks lady! I'm hoping between the two of them at least one will be good. No more Dr. K!  I still need to PM you with some days/times to meet up! Things have just been busy lately!

Sony22 - we haven't had any genetic testing yet. I'm curious to see if one of the new RE's recommends this.  

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagevpine:
    imagealb245:

imagevpine:

There's more chances of conceiving with IUI and injections than IUI with just clomid.  My DH SA was wonderful, my tests were all good too, have unexplained infertility, I went to fertility clinic and will be trying IUI first (they will be doing IUI back to back, two consecutive days) to increase chances of conceiving. If that fails, I will try IVF. 

Thanks for sharing, that's good to know about the injects. I'll ask about that at my next appointments. Although knowing my luck I would probably produce too many follies and end up with a cancelled cycle :/   

Good luck with your b2b IUI's!!! 

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We did our IUI #1 on cycle 13. Yes, we jumped right in and were aggressive. That was month 11. We are still less than 20 months and have done 2 IVF cycles too.

Even with unexplained IF, medicated IUIs are usually a go-to treatment plan. IUI overcomes more than just sperm issues, it overcomes CM and cervical issues too. Plus, until you've had the sperm washed for IUI, you really don't know how hardy they are. Another advantage of IUI is having perfect timing.

Also, if you respond well to Clomid, there's no need for expensive injects. I got 3 mature follies on the lowest dose of Clomid. The reason injects have higher success rates is that a lot of ladies use Clomid to get just one mature follie. More follies = higher success rates.

Good luck! I hope you find the perfect RE for you and can get the show on the road! 

Photobucket
  • Options
    imagemaggie2324:

We did our IUI #1 on cycle 13. Yes, we jumped right in and were aggressive. That was month 11. We are still less than 20 months and have done 2 IVF cycles too.

Even with unexplained IF, medicated IUIs are usually a go-to treatment plan. IUI overcomes more than just sperm issues, it overcomes CM and cervical issues too. Plus, until you've had the sperm washed for IUI, you really don't know how hardy they are. Another advantage of IUI is having perfect timing.

Also, if you respond well to Clomid, there's no need for expensive injects. I got 3 mature follies on the lowest dose of Clomid. The reason injects have higher success rates is that a lot of ladies use Clomid to get just one mature follie. More follies = higher success rates.

Good luck! I hope you find the perfect RE for you and can get the show on the road! 

Thanks for your response!  I never really thought about the other benefits of IUI that you mentioned. I feel like that is a good place for us to start. GL with your beta on Monday!! 

BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good Luck with your other opinions, I agree with PPs that it's time to move on. 
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options

imagevpine:

I know you Are tired of ti but if youve never had a medicated cycle. I would suggest trying 3 cycles of ti with clomid or femara possibly a trigger and def progesterone supplements. That's what I would want to do and that is what my re would recommend    After 3 cycles of not ku consider iui or ivf. Gl

• Options
    imagealb245:
    imagemaggie2324:

Thanks for your response!  I never really thought about the other benefits of IUI that you mentioned. I feel like that is a good place for us to start. GL with your beta on Monday!! 

Thanks! 

Photobucket
  • Options
    This is our 13th cycle TTC, it's been 2 years. I have PCOS with irregular cycles and anovulation. This our second medicated cycle. Last cycle was clomid, this cycle was clomid +ovidrel trigger. I think you are absolutely right to seek another opinion. There is no reason for you not to be receiving actual treatment from your RE.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"