October 2011 Moms

A pointless clicky poll-who's still BF in some sort of form?

Just for curiosity's sake-if you originally breast fed, who's still doing it in some sort of form?  Also, I am not doing this to hurt anyone's feelings because they had to wean or anything.  I'm just bored and I thought I'd ask.[Poll]
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: A pointless clicky poll-who's still BF in some sort of form?

• Ds was on a nursing strike for over a month, but he finally started bfing again! I was EPing for awhile though. We haven't had to supplement yet. My goal was a year and I hope we can make it!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Still BF 5-6 times a day.  She's an awesome eater and she loves her boob time. We hope to keep going for at least a year, maybe longer.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Around 8 months V was done, and so was I.  The last few months were a struggle with supply and she just preferred the bottle.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • DS loves the boob, hoping to make it another year at least.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm still nursing/pumping, but can't pump at work anymore....just too busy.  So I've been using my freezer supply for two bottles a day.  I was hoping to transition to cow's milk when the freezer supply ran out, but I guess it depends how long we hold out.  I think I have enough to get to 11 months.  We'll see what the dr recommends on Friday.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • still BF'ing 4-5x a day.  she gets a bottle of pumped milk at bedtime when i work at night (3 nights a week) and for the past 2wks it's been 1/2 formula b/c i have been pumping only 2-3oz's.  I hope to BF at least morning and night til 18m to give her some extra protection over next winter.  I have a feeling she is going to love regular milk though, so who knows. 
    imageimage

• DD is still getting BM 4-5 times a day (nursing when I am with her or a bottle when she is at daycare).  I want to make it to at least a year if we can. 

We will be TTC#2 soon, so I am not sure how that will change BF with DD.  I would like to go as long as we can though. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• We're still going strong and haven't needed to supplement. DD does seem to be nursing a little less with all the solids she's eating, but so far my supply hasn't been affected. 

imagebtsrc5:

DD is still getting BM 4-5 times a day (nursing when I am with her or a bottle when she is at daycare).  I want to make it to at least a year if we can. 

We will be TTC#2 soon, so I am not sure how that will change BF with DD.  I would like to go as long as we can though. 

This is us too, as we're currently not preventing. I would be happy to nurse through the pregnancy and tandem nurse the two LOs if possible. 

ETA: Pear is my nursing role model! 

• imageKrisM86:

We're still going strong and haven't needed to supplement. DD does seem to be nursing a little less with all the solids she's eating, but so far my supply hasn't been affected. 

imagebtsrc5:

DD is still getting BM 4-5 times a day (nursing when I am with her or a bottle when she is at daycare).  I want to make it to at least a year if we can. 

This is us too, as we're currently not preventing. I would be happy to nurse through the pregnancy and tandem nurse the two LOs if possible. 

ETA: Pear is my nursing role model! 

I agree with you Kris.  We're still going strong, however he only nurses 4-5 times a day.  When I hear others nurse more frequently, I'm thinking that maybe I'm not doing it enough-but I'm sure he'd let me know if I wasn't.

I would like to get AF back so that we could start TTC, but she's a no-show.  We aren't doing anything to prevent it, but when I had AF, my cycles were about 35 days long.  So unless we have sex every day for 35 days (HA!)  I'm not sure things will 'take'.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am down to nursing twice a day and I quit pumping partly because I am lazy and partly because my supply is a joke these days.  This morning Olivia bit me 3 times so if that keeps up I may just wean altogether.  I really want her to have some bmilk for a year at least but we'll see.  I may quit nursing and pump if I need to.  I really really wanted to continue to nurse while pregnant but my supply is dying fast.  I need to read the Adventures in Tandem Nursing that PB sent me so I can get some help. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I'm still pumping but I just went down to only twice/day a couple days ago.  My supply is tanking, and I think my body is just done with it.  I pumped for 10mo with my DS until my boobs shut down, so I think the same thing is happening.  I have a girls' weekend at the end of this month, so my goal is to be completely done by then so I don't have to lug all my pumping gear with me. 
  • I was hoping to wean at one year but L is a boob freak and these past couple of weeks she's increased to 8-10 times a day.

• I am still nursing in the am/pm. I dropped pumping at work this week, and it looks like my supply is tanking so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I'm hoping that we can make it to 1 on some BM. Right now I have enough for 1 bottle a day x 2 weeks which means that I need to keep my supply up for another month before weaning totally.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still BFing 6-7x a day.  NOT looking forward to pumping again when school starts up in a couple of weeks... we'll see what happens then.  I really don't want to pump past 12m, but I'd like to keep nursing am/pm like DS1 did for awhile before he self-weaned.
  • Kudos to all you pumping mamas!  That's awesome!  DD thinks my boobs are a 24/7, all you can eat buffet.  She still nurses really frequently, but she seems to be cutting back on night time feeding.
  • I'm still BFing but began supplementing as needed with formula at 6 months. Claire is still 70-80% breastfeed, so I was glad and probably fortunate that what was really necessary supplementing did not end up damaging my supply going forward. She takes about 4-10 oz of formula a day depending on how much I'm with her and how hungry she is, and the rest is from me, and who knows how much that is. I tossed the daily pumping about a month ago. I wasn't getting anything anymore and it was frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"