July 2012 Moms
Options

Postpartum Sex...

Has been going really well, definitely better than after my first delivery which was a C/S. This time I had a medication free vaginal delivery with  first degree tear and a few skid marks, had six stitches. I tried to prepare myself mentally that it would be enjoyable and not hurt, I think that really helped. I hope the rest of you are just as lucky.

Re: Postpartum Sex...

• Options
    How old is your baby? I know I am only 5 days out, but I would rather kill myself than have sex and I feel like that is how I will feel in another 6 weeks as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ooops, totally need to update tickers. DD is 7 weeks old now, she was 4 weeks early. We got permission to fool around (anything but actual intercourse) at 4 weeks since my bleeding has stopped. Several positive interactions this way without the pressure of intercourse definitely helped. Permission for intercourse granted at 5.5 weeks. L&D was quite the bonding experience this time that really brought us closer together and it made DH really want to feel closer to me this way. He was of course a bit worried that he would hurt me but it totally worked out. A week out I was definitely worried and not interested either. Take your time until you feel ready, but unless delivery was horrific your body was made to deliver babies and heals really well. I avoided looking at myself down there with a mirror as much as I could, didn't want to focus on the damage. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"