February 2012 Moms

bummed about babysitter

So I have mentioned before about my friend who is watching J for free when I go back to work. This is someone I know really well, and whose kids are like niece and nephew to me. This has made me feel so much better about going back to work.

I have worked two half days this week. My usually high spirited but super happy baby will not sleep or eat for her at all. He got one good nap this morning, because her husband put him to sleep. She seems really worn out when I pick J up at noon. 

Now I am really nervous. I thought I had the perfect situation, but this makes me question it. He can't go a 9 hour day with her without eating or sleeping. I know it will get better, but the amount it seems to wear on her worries me. 

Would I be out of line to invite her to hang out with us for a day, so she can see what he's like normally? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bummed about babysitter

• Every job I've every worked that was a nanny/sitter job I was always asked to come a few times to get the lay of the land and so the child and I could become familiar so it wasn't such a shock. I've been doing the same thing when hiring a nanny. I think it's a great idea because LO probably needs to see that you interact with her and maybe he will feel more comfortable. Good luck!
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it's a good idea of her to see your daily routines with your son.  How else is she going to know?  And why would anyone want to reinvent that wheel?

Are you afraid you'll offend her?  If you phrase it tactfully, it'll be fine.  Perhaps something like "I was thinking about it the other day and totally realized I never gave you the run down on his routines.  I feel so bad!!  Why don't you come over sometime soon so I can show you?" ... or something like that. 

Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it would be a great idea to have her come see your routines.  

And as a nanny, I wouldn't worry too much.  It's hard every time you add a new baby to an already set group.  It really throws off the schedule, and it takes time to understand the new baby's cues.  The first little bit is always exhausting, but then you settle into a routine and all get used to each other and it gets a lot easier!  I have added new babies (usually around 3 months old) into my day 5 times over the past 2 years - it's been a crazy two years!  The first week or so is always exhausting, and then it was like they were always there.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Mine went with my mom and my sister when I went back to work, so people they already knew.  They still ate and slept like crap for the first few weeks.  They did eat and sleep some, but not nearly as much as with us.  It does get better.  They start daycare at the end of the month and I'm sure the same thing will happen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"