December 2012 Moms
Options

Hemorrhoids. Really?

A very uncomfortable, very itchy sensation decided to reveal itself to me, during, what else, the five hour flight back from my babymoon this past weekend. Finally, after enduring it well into today, I finally logged on to The Bump and a few other pregnancy sites to discover I'm likely experiencing hemorrhoids. A quick check "down there" with a hand mirror revealed that yep, I have a new, unpleasant symptom of pregnancy. I'll be phoning my doctor in the morning to confirm what is safest to use to ease the symptoms-- just seems like such an embarassing convo to have! Anyone else experiencing hemorrhoids? 

Re: Hemorrhoids. Really?

• Options
    Oh, you're in good company. :)  I've had them almost since the beginning of my pregnancy.  Personally, PrepH works the best for me.  I tried the Tucks pads and witch hazel (both seem to help others), but neither seemed to make the itching better for very long.  Good luck.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I've had them since i gave birth the last time. They don't really bother me though. I just can't strain hard to poop or they start bothering me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had them since giving birth last time. The suppositories are safe to use, and seem to be the only thing that helps me. At least for me it is only a temporary relief they never really go away.
  • Options
    I've had one that is flaring more now that I'm pregnant. My obgyn didn't seem too concerned and basically told me nothing will help it stop flaring faster, the things are more just to make it comfier. 
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. Fun stuff, huh?! And they don't really go away ever. ;) They come and go. I didn't get them until toward the end of my last pregnancy, and then they got REALLY bad after pushing baby out for 2.5 hours. Yeah. Booooo to this pregnancy symptom!  ;)
  • Options
    I puffy <3 my Tucks pads.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You aren't the only one for sure.

Mine only bothers me every so often... I never had to use anything before (I had a tiny one for years... impatient pooper here) now however it isn't so tiny and it gets angry a little more often. I recently got the tucks pads to see if they help... i sure hope they do.

Other than that I MUST get better about taking a stool softener more often!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"