January 2013 Moms
Options

I need to lower my stress level... (vent)

Ok, long story short - my husband and I live in a condo community, on the top floor (don't have to hear any neighbors above but are at risk for any damage related to the roof).

We have had a leak since early June and the roof is the HOA's responsibility, so we don't get to choose the roofer nor do we have to pay them...

Flash forward to now, they have made 'repairs' twice now but there is still water coming in through out kitchen cabinets (they are connected to the ceiling).  We have to wait until the roof is fixed to do interior repairs... my kitchen has been in disarray with everything pulled out of the cabinets for almost 2 months, a huge piece of drywall removed 3 feet wide the entire height of the wall to remove any areas/items inside the wall that could bread mold by a water mitigation team.

And again, my property manager is on vacation and out of the office until next week.  I'm so tired of dealing with this, the roofer is a horrible man - he yelled at me to the point I refuse to be alone with him in my home.  

I literally am cramping b/c I'm so upset by this leak - I thought we had everything fixed and were just waiting for a storm to verify we were good to go.  I know I need to calm down, but with the hormones and stress - it is too much tonight. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I need to lower my stress level... (vent)

• Options

Wow.  Just wow.  You don't need ANY of that right now.  Deep breaths!

I sincerely hope the roofer hurries his YKW up!

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Can you talk to the Board and ask that someone on the Board work with the PM/roofer?

That sucks, you at least deserve an evening away from your kitchen. Then maybe someone who loves you can come over to help clean up?

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSanDimasMama:

Can you talk to the Board and ask that someone on the Board work with the PM/roofer?

That sucks, you at least deserve an evening away from your kitchen. Then maybe someone who loves you can come over to help clean up?

This thing is a cluster, I feel like I've been very nice and patient thus far but b/c this roofer did the work under a 'warranty' (a.k.a. the HOA has paid him once) he has to continue to fix it until it is done right.  Meaning we are an added expense to him, not a new job - he has put us to the side constantly ever since the first 'repair' failed.

The only way to contact a board member is through our PM, so there isn't a very good SOD in place to ensure resident issues are heard.  I can't change it, so I try not to stress.   

My husband has been amazing my whole pregnancy, I know he'll take the charge on doing a good deep clean after the interior construction, painting, etc.  It just feels dirty to have your counters and table full of everything and not functional.  Maybe I'll re-organize everything since we had to pull everything out anyways... my glass half-full Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"