Working Moms
Options

Simple meals. Show me your recipe

Tonight I made chicken pot pie

1 can chicken

1 can cream of mushroom soup 

1/2 bag of frozen veggies

Mix together and put in a pan then top with 1 can of bisquets and bake until bisquets are brown. 

It was simple, quick, and good.

Anyone have any good recipes to share? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Simple meals. Show me your recipe

• Options

Veggie Patties that both DS and DH will eat!

- 2 cups shredded veggies (I've used spinach, carrotts, zucchini, broccoli, onion). I also add some legumes (lentils, beans) and some seeds (sunflower seeds)

- 1/2 cup bread crumbs

- 1/4 cup cheese

- 2 eggs

- parsley

- salt

- pepper

Mix everything together. Make into little balls and then flatten the patties in the pan with olive oil. Cook about 5 minutes. Really easy and they're great warm and I'm pretty sure you could even freeze them!

• Options

saute garlic & crushed red pepper in olive oil, add raw shrimp, cook til pink, toss w/ linguini &lots of parmesan. to mix it up (and add veggies), add a can of diced tomatoes or some sauteed spinach and if you happen to have a little white wine and/or lemon in the house, put a little of that in before tossing w/ pasta.

love this one from rocco dispirito's cookbook-

Saute some chicken cutlets (pretty thin) on both sides til brown & done, remove from pan. chop (not mince) about 6 large cloves garlic. saute in oil (don't let it get brown). Add 1 can strained san marzano tomatoes (1/2 cup juice saved), break up & heat, add the saved juice. put chicken back in, add chopped fresh basil, serve over pasta, parmesan.

Giada's checca sauce- blend in a cuisinart: 1 container grape or cherry tomatoes, halved, a bunch of basil, some olive oil, a few chopped scallions, parmesan. Toss w/ pasta & fresh mozz (and chicken or shrimp if you want protein). Can look this up easily online for better instructions...

I love pasta, clearly. But I will pretty much grill anything w/ some marinade or rub and some veggies (peppers onions, tomatoes, corn, etc) w/ olive oil, s/p and a little seasoning.

Also posted this long ago re pork & spinach stir fry that I really love.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/54153608.aspx

Love TJ's frozen cooked brown rice, it rocks as a side or to mix w/ stir fries like this one, etc.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

1 lb chicken, 1 packet of chicken taco seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours, shred chicken, serve over soft corn tortillas with whatever toppings you like.

Pesto Pasta

1 package of chicken apple sausage, pasta, pesto, parmesean. Dice sausage, brown over medium heat with a little olive oil. Mix pasta, pesto, sausage, and top with parmesean.

Twice Baked Potatoes

Bake potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out potato and leave the skin as a bowl. Mix potato, bacon, cheese, sour cream, butter, broccoli, whatever. Bake for 20 minutes, top with cheese during the last 5.

Lemon Basil Porkchops

Bunch of fresh basil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Combine in food processor to make a wet rub, apply to porkchops and marinate for 20 minutes. Grill on medium high.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yakisoba noodles with peanut butter sauce:

Make the sauce in a mini chopper of blender: peanut butter, steamed carrots and spinach (I toss some in the microwave), ginger, garlic, soy, a bit of sherry, sesame oil...or just add some Soy Vay teriyaki sauce.  Blend to taste.  

Make any kind of noodles and mix with the sauce.  I use yakisoba noodles but spaghetti is fine.  Add any meat of cold veggies you want. Serve room temp or chilled.

Take any veggies, rough chop and throw on a sheet pan. Spray with a bit of oil and dust liberally with cumin.  Make sure some garilic or onion is in there! Sprinkle with salt and roast at 400 degrees until the edges get a bit black.  

Make a huge mess of this and eat it in a cold salad with some feta, in a sandwich, taco, with some grains...

Lemon juice, olive oil, chopped herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro alone or in combo with salt and pepper.  Or, lemon juice, salt, pepper, a bit of Tabasco. 

Use as a dressing for any chopped veggies, a can of kidney beans....cauliflower.

Or boil some rough chopped red or white potatoes, drain and dress with lemon juice and olive oil while HOT.  Shake the potatoes around in the bowl so they get roughed up a little. Chill and then add the chopped herbs with some chopped green onion.  Season with some lemon zest, salt, pepper and more lemon juice as needed.  Great summer salad with grilled chicken and sliced tomatoes.

• Options

Dorito Casserole (delicious and evil)

1 bag of Doritos

1 can chicken

1 can cream of chicken (can use mushroom, but I don't like it)

1 can mexicorn

1 can Rotel

Shredded cheese

Mix liquid contents (not cheese)

layer casserole dish with doritos, then put soup mixture on top, and top with cheese, bake until cheese is bubbly.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imageLibraryChica:

Tuna croquettes: combine one tuna pouch, 2 chopped green onions, some bread crumbs, squeeze of mustard, about 2 tsps of lemon juice, 2 eggs, salt, pepper and form into patties. Coat in bread crumbs and saute in olive oil over medium-high heat until crispy on the outside. Serve with veggies or potato salad.

Mmm, this seems good and really easy!

• Options

I'm a huge fan of my crockpot.  I made this Buffalo Chicken last night and it's delish.

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:

3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 2 lbs or so)

2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

3/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce

1 medium Red Onion, chopped

2 cups sour cream

1/2 cup Ranch Dressing

1 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Pasta or Rice

Directions:

In your slow cooker insert, mix the Cream of Chicken Soup, Buffalo Wing Sauce and red onion.

Add the chicken to the sauce in the slow cooker and make sure all pieces are covered well with sauce.

Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.

Once cooked, add the sour cream, ranch dressing and mozzarella cheese.  Stir until well-mixed.

Serve over pasta or rice.

• Options

One of my faves.

I also wrap up a light fish and frozen veggies in foil with salt, pepper, lemon juice and a dash of white wine and bake 15 minutes. 

• Options

Chicken or beef or veggie fajitas.

I cook strips of chicken breast in a pan, and I use different spices (not the pre-packaged icky stuff). In another pan I cook stips of onions, peppers and mushrooms. Add the cooked chicken to the cooked veggies and add more spices.

Throw stuff on a tortilla. Add lettuce, onions, cheese, salsa, hot sauce, sour cream. Done.

• Options

Put a whole chicken in the crock pot, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a packet of lipton onion soup mix and either the empty soup can of water or white wine, cook on low for 8 hours.  Serve over rice with a frozen veggie that you can steam in the microwave.

I also will put a bunch of chicken breasts in the crock pot on a Sunday and cook on high for 4 hours, then shred the chicken.  Sometimes I freeze it shredded but usually I make chicken broccoli casserole, chicken poppy seed casserole, chicken enchiladas etc and store them for the week.  When I get home I just have to pop the dish in the oven for 45 min or so.

Fresh ravioli and jarred sauce has to be the fastest dinner ever. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In the summer most of my meals involve protein on the grill, a veggie and potato or pasta salad or something.  But when I have to make a recipe, I'm all about ease:

Taco chicken in the crockpot - chicken breasts, taco packet, jar of salsa, jar of corn, jar of black beans.  When it's done, top with cheese.  We eat this over rice and then repurpose it for quesadillas

I also do chicken with enchilada sauce in the crockpot and then come home and roll them up and toss them in the oven, topped with more sauce and cheese.

Last night I made this: 1C chopped onion placed in an oiled baking dish (bake at 375 until soft).  Boil 8 ounces ziti.  Mix ziti, onions, 1 can diced italian tomatoes, 1 container of chive and onion cream cheese, 3C cooked diced chicken (I use those Perdue strips if I don't have other chicken) and spinach (it says one box frozen but I just wilt down a few handfuls of fresh - way better).  Top with mozzarella cheese and bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes, uncovered for an additional 15

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

Pepperincini Beef

Put 1 lb chuck roast (or similar beef roast) in the bottom of a crockpot.  It can be frozen.  Pour in a 16oz can of pepperincinis (juice and all).  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Spoon into kaiser or steak rolls and melt provelone cheese over the top.  Yum!

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Options

Salsa chicken

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix (i added more taco seasoning) 1 cup salsa (i added way more salsa, almost 1 cup for 1 chicken breast) 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional) chopped green onions (optional)
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
    2. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
    3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
    4. Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream and green onions and serve.  
  • Options
    imagechardonnay24:

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

1 lb chicken, 1 packet of chicken taco seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours, shred chicken, serve over soft corn tortillas with whatever toppings you like.

Pesto Pasta

1 package of chicken apple sausage, pasta, pesto, parmesean. Dice sausage, brown over medium heat with a little olive oil. Mix pasta, pesto, sausage, and top with parmesean.

Twice Baked Potatoes

Bake potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out potato and leave the skin as a bowl. Mix potato, bacon, cheese, sour cream, butter, broccoli, whatever. Bake for 20 minutes, top with cheese during the last 5.

Lemon Basil Porkchops

Bunch of fresh basil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Combine in food processor to make a wet rub, apply to porkchops and marinate for 20 minutes. Grill on medium high.

Do you put any kind of liquid in the crock pot?

• Options

imagefcp1234:

Do you put any kind of liquid in the crock pot?

Oh, yes. Whatever the taco seasoning packet calls for. I believe it's 1 cup of water. Maybe 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"