Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Anyone else thinking about your next baby?

We won't be TTC until around March or April of next year, but I can feel myself starting to obsess about another baby already.

Ideally I'd have a tribe of 10, but I'm pretty sure our next baby will be our last. Which makes me sad.

I just find pregnancy and newborns intoxicating. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Anyone else thinking about your next baby?

• imageKateLouise:

If I could go from pregnancy to about 3 or 4 months old, we'd be having a lot more.  Not a fan of the newborn stage.  

We're wanting to start trying next summer.  Hoping I can get 3 months off for maternity leave, and the rest of the summer in addition (teacher). 

Anniversary

• Absolutely. I think we are going to start trying next summer as well. I think I would be overwhelmed with 2u2. I can't wait to be pregnant again!
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Before dd was born, I absolutely wasn't having another ever.  Now that she's here, and such a different baby than ds was, I totally want another.  Circumstances at hand are forcing us to wait a few more years though if one ever happens.  It's just not feasible right now = (
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Already TTC!! Call us crazy but do want close in age :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemeg_2006:
    imageKateLouise:

If I could go from pregnancy to about 3 or 4 months old, we'd be having a lot more.  Not a fan of the newborn stage.  

We're wanting to start trying next summer.  Hoping I can get 3 months off for maternity leave, and the rest of the summer in addition (teacher). 

Exactly this! I would love to have another pregnancy. I liked being pregnant. And I love where we're at now. Four months is such a fun stage! Newborn stage...not so much. It was brutal. Even 2 months on would be fine. lol. 

I have been thinking about TTC number 2 since DS was 12 weeks old. I think part of it has to do with trying for a year...I want to get this show on the road in case it takes that long again! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What's that thing you have to do in order to have another baby? Have.....sex, right? Haha with LO that doesn't happen as often as I (and I'm sure DH) likes!

I have thought about it and I have started to chart my periods so that I have a better idea of when things might happen, unlike last time where it was "I've been off BC for 3 years, have 50ish day cycles, I THINK the last one was this time, and we had sex on these dates...roughly". I am not temping or anything. Right now we aren't in a position financially to TTC, but I hope by next summer we might be.

There are days when I miss LO being smaller and want a new little baby. There are other days where I can't imagine doing the newborn phase all over again. Heck, with LO's teething and being cranky there are times where I don't know if I can do THIS phase again! I am also concerned about how I would love baby #2.... I just can't see myself loving anyone as much as LO. I don't want new baby to take away attention from LO either

• This is funny to me that you posted this.  I have been thinking a lot about having another baby.  For many reasons we just can't right now.  However, I went to my OB for a check up yesterday and he told me that my cervix looks like I am pregnant or I am about to get my period.  I had some spotting about 2 weeks ago when I was supposed to get my period (just started back on the pill a couple months ago).  I stopped taking my pill after that last pill pack because it was making me sick.  So my OB told me if I don't get a period in 2 weeks to take a home test.  My OB wants me to be prego lol.  He said it is a very good year in the chinese calendar (my ob is an old man who grew up in hong kong lol).  When he came to see me in the hospital after my c/s he was trying to convince me to get pregnant.  So it should be interesting.  I would love to be pregnant, but I think I would lose my mind with twins just over a year old and another baby.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HELL NO!

But then again I already have 2 young ones.  DS is a handful and his schedule is hectic.  DD is another story with her allergies and eczema.  I have my hands full and she is still not STTN.  I'm good with the 2 I have until further notice :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes!

I loved almost everything about being preggo, and love babies, children, all of it. I'm so with you about having a tribe of 10 :) if there were no financial pressures, I'd 100% do it.

It makes me sad to think the next one will be last. It'll take a ton of convincing SO on the right timing. I think he will want to keep delaying it.

I'm getting excited for it already, even if it is going to be 3 years away. But then I also try to remember not to take my fertility for granted. Maybe something will happen between then and now where we won't be able to have another. I also want to remember to appreciate and enjoy every second of the two children we already do have, instead of spending so much time thinking about a 3rd that doesn't yet exist.

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Put me in the HELL NO category as well!

I really would like the time to bond with just DS right now. When he is older and ready to start preschool I'll think about having another so that I can give that baby the undivided attention they deserve as well.

"If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
  • imageKb103109:
    This is funny to me that you posted this.  I have been thinking a lot about having another baby.  For many reasons we just can't right now.  However, I went to my OB for a check up yesterday and he told me that my cervix looks like I am pregnant or I am about to get my period.  I had some spotting about 2 weeks ago when I was supposed to get my period (just started back on the pill a couple months ago).  I stopped taking my pill after that last pill pack because it was making me sick.  So my OB told me if I don't get a period in 2 weeks to take a home test.  My OB wants me to be prego lol.  He said it is a very good year in the chinese calendar (my ob is an old man who grew up in hong kong lol).  When he came to see me in the hospital after my c/s he was trying to convince me to get pregnant.  So it should be interesting.  I would love to be pregnant, but I think I would lose my mind with twins just over a year old and another baby.

Uh are you joking? If you're not then I have serious doubts about your OB. NO doctor is going to tell you to get pregnant right after having a baby. I have had several OB's tell me you should wait at least a year before trying again because pregnancy takes such a toll on your body. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekerischrader:
    Already TTC!! Call us crazy but do want close in age :)

This is us too. 

• imageEvenAngelsFall:

Put me in the HELL NO category as well!

I really would like the time to bond with just DS right now. When he is older and ready to start preschool I'll think about having another so that I can give that baby the undivided attention they deserve as well.

This! 

• We planned on trying for #2 in January but we are unexpectedly expecting.  I'm due in April and am freaking out about having 2 kids  not even 15 months apart!  On a brighter note, I guess I don't need fertility this time around lol
    +hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesroddy12:
    We planned on trying for #2 in January but we are unexpectedly expecting.  I'm due in April and am freaking out about having 2 kids  not even 15 months apart!  On a brighter note, I guess I don't need fertility this time around lol

Congratulations!! That's exciting.

If it makes you feel better about them being close together, I know a couple with 2 sets of twins under 18mths. The first pair were IVF. The second pair were a night of, "we can't get pregnant..." 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Yes and it's getting really bad now that my neighbor is due any day now with a little girl. 

I can't wait to have another LO but at the same time I sure can wait! Lol. I would like DD to be STTN before #2. As it is now, she's still up 4-6 x/night. 

DH is also deploying a little after DD is 1 so we'll either have to try before which I think would be too soon for me or after which I feel like would be too long. Oh well, maybe I'll just get an oopsie some day. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

• I'm 5 months pregnant right now with our first and we're already talking about the second! Before I got pregnant DH wasn't even sure he wanted to have more than one but almost as soon as we found out he decided he def wanted 2! So we're planning on TTC when #1 is about a year- year and a half old.
  • I WAS planning on waiting a bit longer but found out a few weeks ago we're expecting baby #2! DD is 8.5 months old so they will be about 17 months apart. Now that I'm pregnant and the shock has set in, I couldn't be more excitied. When I first realized I was late I was thinking I hope I'm not pregnant! But in the back of my mind I was kind of hoping I was. I really enjoyed being pregnant last time so I hope I enjoy this time also!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"