Pregnant after a Loss

At what point do you worry about slow movement? **Updated**

Update: I called my OB because LO was not moving after drinking some apple juice and laying on my side.  She wanted me to go to the Woman's Eval Unit to get checked out.  At first, they had some issues finding the hb with the monitors, so I was panicking a little bit.  After a little bit of moving and positioning, they found LO on the monitors.  That pissed him/her off majorly and he/she started kicking the monitor trying to get it off.  We got to listen to LO's hb for about 30 minutes and then they came in to do an u/s to check fluid levels to make sure that LO had enough fluid in there.  They said everything looked great and the hb was consistent to that of a 28 weeker, so my 24 weeker is a fighter.  They also said that it's still a little early to do kick counts, but not to hesitate coming back in if I'm worried again and don't feel LO after trying everything I did tonight. 

Thanks for the happy thoughts ladies! 

I don't want to freak out.  I know that I'm still a little early to feel consistent movement.  That being said, LO is usually pretty active once I sit down on the couch and relax.  I even drank some juice because I realized that I hadn't felt him/her move much today.  (I was pretty busy today, so I didn't concentrate much on movement)  Is 24 weeks too early to  start kick counts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~

Re: At what point do you worry about slow movement? **Updated**

• I had some slow days right around 24 weeks, too, fwiw. I think it's still a little early for consistant movement, my OB doesn't recommend kick counts before 28-29 weeks. That being said, no one would fault you if you still don't feel movement and wannna give them a call! ((hugs)) Hope your LO wakes up soon. 
  • It must be the stage. I realized my LO wasn't as active as normal today either. But at PP said, my OB said not to worry about kick counts until 28 weeks. That doesn't mean no movement is ok by any means, but I think as long as you are feeling something every once in a while, you should be ok. But if you are concerned, no one will fault you for calling your OB. GL!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Loading the player...
  • As PP have stated, my MW said not to worry about kick counts until at least 28w. At 24 weeks, LO is still small enough that they can get into a position where you don' feel much. That being said, if you are really worried, call your OB. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad everything turned out ok!
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Yes, 24 weeks is too early. I have AP and didn't really get consistent movement until about 26ish- 28 weeks. When I had my 24 week appt, I told my OB that sometimes I only feel him once per day and he said that is totally fine especially because the fetal tones were always great and not to worry unless that was happening at 28 weeks. At my 28 week appt, he told me to only do kick counts if I haven't felt him in awhile. He said if I feel 4 movements in an hour, even quick little ones, then the baby is fine. GL, I know its really hard not to worry, I still think about it a lot!  I also have a doppler which really helps ease my concerns, but I try to only get that out once per week.
  • Hey, IMO, there's never any shame in making the call if you feel something's not right.  I did this myself two weeks ago, and although everything was fine, my OB commended me for calling in when I felt something was off.  I was told for a baby at the point mine is, that 10 movements in 2 hours is normal.  That's fine, but as moms, only we know our baby's patterns of movement and what is "normal" for our babies.  I think it's smart to be taking notice if the movement just doesn't seem normal for your LO.  Glad everything's ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • Glad everything is all right! Way to go, little fighter!
  • Glad that LO is doing great and your Dr is understanding and is ok with you coming in any time. : )

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"