March 2013 Moms
Options

Tilted uterus question

At my appointment, I was told that my uterus is tipped more towards my spine (slightly retroverted). Sometimes when I lay on my stomach at night, I get uncomfortable sensations and cramping that only happen when I lay on my stomach.

Ive read that they tell you to flip your uterus in the right direction around 12 weeks by standing/crawling on your hands and knees. My uneducated guess would be that the cramping / weird feelings have to do with the same idea of gravity tipping the uterus the right way as I am laying on my stomach. 

Im not too worried about it, but am just wondering if anyone else with a tipped uterus has felt something similar!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tilted uterus question

• Options
    You don't need to crawl around. Your uterus will move on its own and you will not / are not feeling it happen...your body will take care of it!

BFP#1-EDD 3.3.13 - No HB @ 9w3d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am pretty sure my uterus is tipped back (not been told by doctors, but checking my own cervix, etc has led me to believe this).  I've read some alarmist things about it, but mine has always come forward just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told before I eEVER became pregnant with my first that I had a tipped uterus... I have had 3 kids, this is my 4th and never crawled around on my hands and knees, when your uterus grows bigger along with the baby, your uterus with go forward on it's own.. hope this helps!  And cramping...it part of your uterus stretching MOST of the time, as long as it's mild or so I've read
  • Options
    My OB-GYN told me at my very first visit when I was like 19 that my uterus was tilted, and I was a little worried about what that would mean when I got pregnant.  Of course I completely forgot to ask her about it at my first visit.  But anyways, I've been having trouble sleeping on my stomach too, and I wonder if that's why.  I tossed and turned for close to two hours last night because I could not find a comfortable position to sleep!  I think I ended up on my stomach, because it kinda felt sore this morning, like it was stretched out or something.  Did not connect the two though 
  • Options
    Mine is tipped forward, and I'm not really sure what that will mean.  First appointment next week, I'll be sure to ask.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"