Multiples

Anyone have the volvo XC60?

A few questions on your XC60: 

1) do you recommend it?

2) Will it work for twins and a four year old in a booster in the middle?

3) are the integrated booster seats worth it for later?  They start at 33 lbs, which was my son at about 2 years old, and seem so practical. . . 

Thanks in advance!

Identical twin girls born via c-section 12/3/12 Son born 3/26/08

Re: Anyone have the volvo XC60?

• Hi

We have the x60 and the x90. We use three across in the x90... I don't think three would fit in the x60.

Would I recommend it? Hell yes, with the turbo engine...we love it.

Do I recommend it for three kids...no. I would do the x90. 

• srbmvpsrbmvp member

I have an XC60 and can fit my twins and 2-year-old across the back. Twins are in Baby Trend infant seats, DS1 is in an Eddie Bauer convertible carseat still. It's a tight fit, but it works.

But I have serious concerns about 3 convertible car seats, will cross that bridge when we get there.

My husband has the XC70 and he has the built in booster seats, but we haven't tried them out yet b/c DS1 is still too small.

If you can find narrow enough car seats, I LOOOOOOVE the XC60. It is sooo much fun to drive and so comfortable and most importantly, so safe! But like the other poster said, the XC90 will give you more room...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I drive and XC90 but I looked hard at the XC60. The price of both cars are so similar, I am glad I went with the bigger car. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • We use the sunshine radian convertible for my three year old.... It's a great cars eat.  We are thinking of putting him in the third row....one seat up of the x90. We will see.  I would definitely go with the x90 though for three....more room.  But as a car, I like the x60 better.
  • Thanks ladies!  Good to see that three across works for one of the posters.  I'm in the DC area, so I'm hoping to stay with the 60 because parking garages can be pretty tight around here.  I'm going to bring the car seats to the dealer on Friday and check it out!  
    Identical twin girls born via c-section 12/3/12 Son born 3/26/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"