Trying to Get Pregnant

Temping question & chart stalk

I checked FF Q&A first, but still don't have a definite answer.  This morning, I woke an hour before my regular temp time and went to the bathroom.  I intended to go back to sleep for an hour and then temp at regular time because that's what FF says is the best.  However, I couldn't resist the urge to temp early and it was 97.0.  Then, I accidentally slept an hour longer than my regular time.  When I woke up an hour late, I temped and it was 97.7.  So of the 2 temps (1 an hour early and 1 an hour late), which should I put in my chart?  My other signs indicate that I probably O'd yesterday, so I'm really looking for a rising temp (causing me to favor the higher of today's temps).  WWYD?  1st or 2nd temp, or discard the whole thing? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Temping question & chart stalk

• I checked FF Q&A first, but still don't have a definite answer.  This morning, I woke an hour before my regular temp time and went to the bathroom.  I intended to go back to sleep for an hour and then temp at regular time because that's what FF says is the best. Not at all. You temp before you get up and move around   However, I couldn't resist the urge to temp early and it was 97.0.  Then, I accidentally slept an hour longer than my regular time.  When I woke up an hour late, I temped and it was 97.7.  So of the 2 temps (1 an hour early and 1 an hour late), which should I put in my chart? You use the 1st temp and take the open circle  My other signs indicate that I probably O'd yesterday, so I'm really looking for a rising temp (causing me to favor the higher of today's temps).  WWYD?  1st or 2nd temp, or discard the whole thing? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm pretty new to charting (this is only my second cycle) but I would be inclined to say go with the first temp because you would have had at least 3 hours sleep prior to taking it. Either that or average them out?

Hopefully the other ladies will be more familiar to charting and be able to offer more help then me.

• Loading the player...
  • I would use the 1st temp as this one was (more than likely) after 3+ hours of sleep and make a note of it.  The second temp isn't after a few solid hours of sleep and you are supposed to temp before doing anything else as that can affect your true temp.  Don't favor temps just to have an ideal chart, you want the most accurate information for FF to use.
  • I always temp when I first wake up, even if it is early.  My temps seem to be more accurate after solid sleep than they are at the correct time with less sleep.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageTwinkie0612:
    I always temp when I first wake up, even if it is early.  My temps seem to be more accurate after solid sleep than they are at the correct time with less sleep.

I agree

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I agree with PP, use your first temp.  You should indicate in FF the time that you took the test so it can take that into account when deciding your O date.  The 2nd temp is after you got out of bed and after only a couple hours of sleep, so it's going to be inaccurate and higher than it normally would be.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Thanks!  My first thought was to use the earlier temp since I'd been asleep longer, but after reading the following link, I became confused.  https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Multiple-temperature-readings.html  It makes it sound like you shouldn't temp if you wake up early if you know that you're going back to sleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I'm a bit confused by your time line, but if you woke up an hour early and then temped and then went pee, use the first. If you peed then temped, I wouldn't use any of the temps as neither of them are reliable, and you have to wait for tomorrows temp to see if you actually O'de or not.  It is better to not have a temp in there than to put in a temp that is bad data. 
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"