July 2012 Moms

sore bum

three weeks pp and it hurts to bm still and it even hurts after. any advice on what can help? its so sore.

Re: sore bum

• I'm three weeks pp and still experiencing this also! Im anxious to see what advice you get!! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is it extreme pain or just a little?

I was 2 weeks out and had excruciating pain with bm's accompanied by blood. Like shards of glass excruciating pain. I thought my stitches had torn, so I went to the doctor and found out the stitches were fine...it's a fissure. I'm still recovering from it, but it's getting better each week.

I've switched to a fiber-rich diet. Apparently my diet plus BFing got me really really constipated and that's what gave me the fissure. Lots of fruits and veggies plus Metamucil each day is helping with that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • its just some pain. i think that i got off on taking my stool softeners and thats what was making it worse. i got back to taking it and it has been a little better now this time. do fissures heal on their own just curious?
  • Normally they do...at least from everything I've read. My midwife didn't seem worried about it at all. I just didn't expect the 4-6 week healing process. She didn't say how long, so when I found out on my own I started crying, I thought it would be a day or two :( But like I said, 3 weeks later and it's slowly but surely improving,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"