January 2013 Moms

Make it stop!! NBR

Okay, so my brother, my son and I all have this rash on our face and mine is the worst (of course!). Luckily my sons well baby visit was today and I was able to ask her about it then. She said that it looks to her like the start of Impetigo. She suggested that we keep antibiotic ointment on it and if it doesn't start getting better in a few days to let her know. I personally an not convinced that it is Impetigo at all. My brother has had his since Saturday and DS since Friday and it is not turning into blisters that pop and form honey colored scabs. It doesn't look like it or act like it at all to me. It actually looks more of what my face would look like if I used a harsh face mask or something but it is clearly contagious since all three of us have it (but my husband doesn't yet). 

Anyway so it itches like a son of a gun and the itching is worse when the ointment is holding my hair to it. UGH. I just hope it goes away soon. I am not going to bring my son around anyone until it is gone and he is going to be so bored cooped up at home.  

The good news is DS is in the 88% for weight and 75% for height. He is just a trucking along :). And he is smart! He is really advanced for his age.

Thanks for the chance to vent. Send good vibes (and for those who do) and prayers our way! Thanks :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Make it stop!! NBR

• molluscum contagiosum?

Benedryl is safe to take and should curb your immune response to give you some relief. Feel better!  

imageimage
  • I hope it gets better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh suck. I hope you guys feel better. I second the Benedryl!
  • Icky :( 

I hope it all clears up soon!

I actually have a rash right now (I think).  MH had a rash that was caused by antibiotics and his was a real rash.  I ended up with what I thought was  few bug bites on my back, but I just keep getting more and more "bug bites" and I now have them scattered all over my back from shoulders to waist.  Not like a ton of them, but a good scattering.  I'm now convinced it's not bug bites because a) how would I still be getting them?, and b) if I am being continually bitten by a bug, how is it ONLY on my back?  Subseqently MHs rash was on the inside of his forearm and he rubbed my back with that arm.  BUT mine looks like bites and not a rash.  His was definitely a rash and starting clearing up as soon as he finished his antibiotics.  It's so strange.  Moral of the story, IT ITCHES!  And it's annoying and I'm ready for it to go away.  At least it's on my back and not somewhere visible... 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imageSanDimasMama:

molluscum contagiosum?

Benedryl is safe to take and should curb your immune response to give you some relief. Feel better!  

Thanks ladies

This doesn't appear to be it either. It is a patch about the size of a half dollar with a spread of raised hills throughout and then the stuff farther down my cheek and on my neck is just one red bump almost like a bug bite. The part that is larger looks like a chemical burn almost with the redness and slight swelling but there aren't blisters. Just raised areas that itch and do not burn. I am thinking about taking benedryl tonight. Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully by dr will refer me to a dermatologist so we can get it figured out once and for all.

• Ugh what a bummer!  I have been getting bit quite regularly at night when I am sleeping.  No one else is getting bit.  I am getting so annoyed by it and they hurt and itch terrible.  I had a doc appt tonight and of course the ones that I have left have stopped reacting like usual.  But he told me Benedryl is my best bet.  Good luck!
  • SJRoweSJRowe member
    Sounds awful. I hope you all get well soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"