2 Month old stopped cooing — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 Month old stopped cooing

My nine week old has been 'cooing' or babling with us for a few weeks but for about the past three or four days..it has pretty much stopped. Is this reason for concern?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 2 Month old stopped cooing

• I would bring this up at my next doc appt...or call to find out if you should come in sooner.  I can't imagine what sort of info this board would be able to give you that could cause undue concern, even though it would be well-meaning.

• ViveVive
    Long-Lasting Membership 250 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Love Its
    Keep an eye on your babies responses to other sounds... Particularly ones that occur behind them such that they aren't getting visual cues that a sound should happen. And yeah I'd mention it to the doctor next time you see them.
  • Loading the player...
  • versedversed
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic

image Vive:
    Keep an eye on your babies responses to other sounds... Particularly ones that occur behind them such that they aren't getting visual cues that a sound should happen. And yeah I'd mention it to the doctor next time you see them.

All this. What can be concerning is that babies with a hearing loss will start cooing at the same developmental time as typical babies, but they will stop because they are not receiving the auditory feedback that would lead them to continue. 

Keep an eye on LO and bring it up to pedi when you get a chance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards