April 2012 Moms

Styling a baby's hair

I'm pretty sure you can't put gel or mousse in a baby's hair but I've seen people style their baby's hair before...have any of you done this before? what did you use? Someone told me vaseline might work..but IDK about that... Julian has SO MUCH wild hair I wanted to style it for his baptism party or atleast get it to stay in one place. Any suggestions?
BabyName Ticker}

Re: Styling a baby's hair

• I think babies look adorable with crazy hair! But maybe I'm just jealous that your baby actually has hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you comb it right after a bath?  That makes a huge difference for Andy.  If I comb it all back he looks like Donald Trump for a while but it will dry sticking straight up. He has a natural cowlick that I tend to follow when I comb it, and when I do it behaves. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKFCupcake:
    Do you comb it right after a bath?  That makes a huge difference for Andy.  If I comb it all back he looks like Donald Trump for a while but it will dry sticking straight up. He has a natural cowlick that I tend to follow when I comb it, and when I do it behaves. 

This exactly.  Bella has tons of hair and it goes crazy if I don't do it right after a bath to dry that way.  You could try a really, really small amount of coconut or baby oil,  I recommend the coconut, it can be less heavy and easier to wash out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the combing after bath. Camden is a cue ball but does have SOME hair. If I comb it after baths it stays. Sometimes I put lotion in his hair and give him a miniature mowhawk, but maybe the lotion would look greasy in your LO's hair since he has so much!
  • I brush L's hair after the bath and put a little lotion in it (Burt's bees of whatever is left from my hands after I put it on her body). As you can see in my siggy the back of her hair still sticks up! Its like total bed head all the time. I gave up. Also if I don't use a little lotion her hair looks "fluffy" and weird on top. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I do brush after his bath...doesn't help it's so wild it stays for 5 mins then goes in every which way
    BabyName Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"