September 2012 Moms

Maternity Leave approaching...WOOHOO

I just posted this on the 3rd Tri Board, and had to come share the excitement with my other Sept. Mommies to be! :) 

It's almost time for my maternity leave to start, & I can not explain how ready I am. One week from today will be my last day..:sigh: :) I am SO looking forward to the 4weeks off before my due date. I am excited to spend time with DS before he goes back to school, and prepare for DS #2! :) ANXIOUSLY AWAITING....

Re: Maternity Leave approaching...WOOHOO

• Yay for maternity leave! I will admit I got out the calendar and counted out how many days of work I have left before my maternity leave starts.
  • Yes  Congrats!  It is so nice to be able to have time off before baby gets here!  Last time, I worked up until the day I had DD.  This time I quit my job at the end of the school year [teacher], so I've had off all summer!  Yippee!

Hope you get to use the time to finish up getting ready and relax!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Yay! for you.  Yes

I have 21 work days left!!  My last day in the office is August 31, unless my dr or this LO decides something different.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelzmac11:

Yay! for you.  Yes

I have 21 work days left!!  My last day in the office is August 31, unless my dr or this LO decides something different.  :)

This is my last day of work too!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My last day was supposed to be this Friday but it is now next friday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLyndseylovesHugh:
    imagelzmac11:

Yay! for you.  Yes

This is my last day of work too!  

Can't come soon enough!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My last day isn't until September 14th so for now I just get to be jealous. But I'm very happy for you guys, bitter, but happy.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Super jelly. I'll be going into labor at my desk No

Cooper Edward

• For those of you leaving early, are you returning to work afterward?  I'm afraid to take any time off beforehand because I want maximum time with my LO.  
  • imageDerpityDog:
    For those of you leaving early, are you returning to work afterward?  I'm afraid to take any time off beforehand because I want maximum time with my LO.  

I am a contractor and my contract just happens to be up on August 31, total coincidence.  I do plan on going back, but not sure when yet, I am playing it by ear.   I would love to take a year off, and financially we can, but I also feel like I am going to miss working, so I may pick up a part time contract.  In my field there are almost always contracts available for people with experience, so I am not to concerned.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I'm so jealous. I'm working until the (very) bitter end. I really want to stay out until after the new year. I need to get to 8/31 for that to happen. Fingers crossed!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! I am a teacher, so I have been off all summer. Of course, I am returning and working up until my due date. I am dreading this as I have thoroughly enjoyed being off all summer!

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDerpityDog:
    For those of you leaving early, are you returning to work afterward?  I'm afraid to take any time off beforehand because I want maximum time with my LO.  

I live in Canada. So we get a year of maternity leave :) (be jealous!) but the position I am in curently is a temporary full time, a may leave position actually. lol. She comes back on August 7 (after our long weekend here) and needs training on a couple new systems.  I plan on just keeping up with my business as it brings in just as much money for myself as working out of the house does and that way I can be a SAHM as well.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My last day is Aug 31 also.  I get 12 weeks ML and estimate I will go back to work around the 12th of Dec. I could add vacation to the end of the year but I am hoping to still get a bonus so I want to be there at year end.  We are going to need the money but I can't count on it.

5 weeks seems like forever from now! My back is killing me!

• I start my leave next week too!  I'm beyond excited to have some time off before LO arrives.  I hadn't anticipated being off this early but I recently learned that I can't take my paid 4 weeks SDI and 6 weeks maternity leave together after baby comes.  I'd lose the 4 weeks paid if I didn't take it now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I plan on working until the early stages of labor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We moved from California to Texas at 19wks and it sucks that I had to say goodbye to their awesome state benefits. If I was still there I'd have two weeks left, here I still have 6.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Personally I am returning to work. In CA you are entitled to 4wks before due date and 6wks after to receive disability. So that is why I am taking the 4wks before and besides the fact that I deserve and need it like every pregnant mama! I am hoping for the additional 6wks FMLA but I don't know if that will be approved or not through my work, so I will take what I am entitled to and go from there.
  • This is exactly why I am taking mine! :)
  • imageMissIntentional:
    I plan on working until the early stages of labor.

Haha I'll be right there with you. Likely answering emails through contractions at least.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"