Arizona Babies

Looking for Tucson OB

I'm looking for a good OB in Tucson, preferably one that delivers at TMC, since that's near my house.

My GYN recommended Crossroads and Ironwood OB, among others, but I've seen some mixed reviews. Anyone know anything about them?

Also let me know if you have experience with the TMC maternity department.

Thanks for your input! 

Re: Looking for Tucson OB

• I absolutely love my OB. Dr Ah-Nhi Tran of Adobe OBGYN. Her office is directly across the street from TMC. She delivered my first daughter last May and will be delivering my 2nd in October. Dr Tran listened to all my concerns and addressed every point on my birth plan. She even remembered major points of my birth plan when I called her at 2 in the morning with contractions. 

Also I had a great experience at TMC. The newly remodeled maternity ward had opened just before DD#1 was born. I had my own private room which was large enough to accompany several visitors at once. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly I truly felt like I was the only patient they had. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm at Ironwood and I loved it, delivered a few weeks ago! My OB is Dr. Beheshti and I appreciate her laid-back, sincere style. This was very comforting to my very anxious-having-my-first-baby self.

I delivered at TMC because I also live very close. TMC encourages you to be with your baby as much as possible, helped my baby rest skin-to-skin on my while I rested, and had great lactation consultants.

One thing I would have done differently is hired a doula to help me with the first 48 hours. July 15 was a busy day, lots of babies, and it took 40 minutes to one hour to get staff attention. I didn't need staff for any emergency needs, I was a little frustrated with breastfeeding and other things that my husband really couldn't help me with.

• Loading the player...
  • Rebeccated - thanks for your reply and congrats on the new addition!!

If you don't mind giving a few more details on Ironwood - was your doc open to discussing birth plans and different options? Also did she do the delivery or did you have one of the others in the practice, and if so, had you met that doc before? I appreciate your input! 

• jg girl - thanks very much for the input and congrats on the new addition due in October!
  • I am also looking for an OB in Tucson but don't the area very well... I would like to know the same info as uadelta PLEASE!! 
  • I go to crossroads and see Dr. Reinhart. She is very good but also very busy women. She delivered my baby by c section in august. She is great.
  • I see Dr. Jennifer Hutchison.  She only delivers at St.Josephs but is very much worth it.  She delivers the majority of her patients and is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met.  I was a fertility patient of her husbands and the transition to a regular ob was so easy with her.  I explained my concerns and fears with her and she listened attentively.  Another advantage is she does the ultrasounds in her office.  To help me overcome my anxieties she has been giving me an ultrasound once a week until I am ready to expanded that.  Another comfort to me is every single time my husband and I have went in for an appointment she welcomes us with a hug and a super huge smile.  She is fantastic and I would recommend her 100 times over.
  • Dr. Farias at Copperstate OBGYN...only female doctors so if she doesn't deliver the baby, one of her colleagues will. Super friendly staff, nurses, and drs. Will be delivering at St. Joseph's which has private rooms for everything. Office is located off Grant and Craycroft. Good luck!
  • I have been seeing Dr. Laird at Ironwood. She is so amazing! She does deliveries at TMC. What I like most about her is not only how thorough she is with her exams, really goes above and beyond, but also she treats me like I'm her only patient she has all day. She really takes the time to answer all questions I have. When I had a m/c, she had me come in and just let me vent about it for a half an hour. I felt so much better after that appointment. If I were to have any complaints, it's that she is often running behind schedule. Just plan for that.
    Feeling like a big bloated hormonal whale of a tale. It's awesome.
  • I've been going to crossroads with Dr. Dean. She is simply amazing, she treated me last year during my ectopic and had great bedside manner. I recently found out I was pregnant and they have been keeping a close eye on me. 
  • imagenikfed:
    I see Dr. Jennifer Hutchison. nbsp;She only delivers at St.Josephs but is very much worth it. nbsp;She delivers the majority of her patients and is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. nbsp;I was a fertility patient of her husbands and the transition to a regular ob was so easy with her. nbsp;I explained my concerns and fears with her and she listened attentively. nbsp;Another advantage is she does the ultrasounds in her office. nbsp;To help me overcome my anxieties she has been giving me an ultrasound once a week until I am ready to expanded that. nbsp;Another comfort to me is every single time my husband and I have went in for an appointment she welcomes us with a hug and a super huge smile. nbsp;She is fantastic and I would recommend her 100 times over.
    Jenny is the best! Her children were in FMIL's former DC, so Jenny's family and FI's family go way back. But based on your post, I can tell that she treats all patients like they are her only ones. I had a rough delivery, but completely trusted her and all went well.
  • imageshaunnna:
    imagenikfed:
    I see Dr. Jennifer Hutchison. nbsp;She only delivers at St.Josephs but is very much worth it. nbsp;She delivers the majority of her patients and is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. nbsp;I was a fertility patient of her husbands and the transition to a regular ob was so easy with her. nbsp;I explained my concerns and fears with her and she listened attentively. nbsp;Another advantage is she does the ultrasounds in her office. nbsp;To help me overcome my anxieties she has been giving me an ultrasound once a week until I am ready to expanded that. nbsp;Another comfort to me is every single time my husband and I have went in for an appointment she welcomes us with a hug and a super huge smile. nbsp;She is fantastic and I would recommend her 100 times over.
    Jenny is the best! Her children were in FMIL's former DC, so Jenny's family and FI's family go way back. But based on your post, I can tell that she treats all patients like they are her only ones. I had a rough delivery, but completely trusted her and all went well.

I also see Dr. Jennifer Hutchsion. She is amazing. I too was a patient of her husband's first, and the entire family does a great job of making you feel valued and important. I highly recommend her.

• I saw Dr. Stephanie Chin at Crossroads. She was great. Always answered all of my questions and was very caring. She did not deliver my son as she was not on call but did come in and see him the next day. I would recommend her. As for TMC, I had a great experience. We had the most wonderful nurse, which makes a difference. And the rooms are nice and private and clean. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"