May 2012 Moms

How much is your baby sleeping (10/11 weeks)?

My son is sleeping pretty well at night, going to bed between 8-9 and waking between 3 and 4, then again at 6ish. During the day though, he is on a consisten schedule, but it seems like he should be sleeping more and eating less!

He wil wake up, eat, play, then nap. His total wake time is about 1 hour and 15-30 min, and naps are about 30-45 minutes... and then he wakes up and is dying to eat again! He is eating pretty much every two hours on the dot, and wants 4-5 ounces each time. I prepare 5 ounces in case wants more, but usually only eats 4. I can sometimes get an hour to hour and a half nap, but that is NOT the norm. 

He used to take naps that were longer, but starting at 8ish weeks, he gradually decreased and is now taking only the short ones! 

He is 10 weeks (almost 11)..... am I doing something wrong?! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: How much is your baby sleeping (10/11 weeks)?

• My little guy is doing the same and is about the same age.  He used to have much longer naps during the day, but not so much any more.  He definately needs his cat naps though, because if he doesn't get them he's SUPER crabby in the evening!  I was hoping that by this age he would get by with eating every 3 hours but he's also on the every 2hr schedule.  Except for night, he wakes up every 4hrs to eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD will be 12 weeks in a few days and has been sleeping from 7p/8p until 4a/5a pretty consistantly.  She is doing the whole EASY thing on her own and has been eating every 2-3 hours during the day...naps are usually short 30-45 min, SOMETIMES and hour.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is 10 weeks and has pretty much the same nighttime schedule as your LO. Her daytime routine is much less consistent. I nurse every 1.5-2 hours. She sleeps a total of 1.5-2 hours a day and only catnaps for 15-20 minutes at a time. I'm grateful for a consistent nighttime pattern but I wish she would nap for longer periods of time. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Connor is 9.5 weeks and has the exact same schedule as your LO with eating every two hours.  Only difference is, he can only really handle being awake an hour so his naps are a bit longer at an hour, sometimes 1.5 hours.  I was hoping to get him on a three hour feeding schedule but it's not in cards for us yet.  I don't think you are dong anything wrong!  You are feeding your baby when he/she is hungry and following cues.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• She goes to sleep around 9 and wakes at 7. She will be up for an hour or so and then fall asleep for another hour. She takes her longest stretch of a nap around 1. It's usually 2hours . Otherwise it is mostly cat naps throughout the day z
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD eats every 3 hours during the day and goes down by 7pm and sleeps until 7am. She's been doing this for probably 4 weeks now.  Prior to that, it was down by 7am and up at 5am.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My DD usually takes a 45 min - 1 hour nap in the morning and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. She may take a snooze here and there... in the evening. Ex: We went for a walk last night and she fell asleep for 15 min of our 40 min walk.

We put to bed around 9 and she will wake between 6-7 the next morning. Sometimes she makes it the whole night and sometimes she wakes up and wants to be fed. 

We feed her 4 oz. every 3 hours pretty much on the dot during the day... I don't think she will space out her feedings until she is ready to up the amount at each feeding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"