2nd Trimester

Annoyed with OB office

So I had an ultrasound 4 weeks ago and it was my 20 week ultrasound.  The tech that I had was kind of rude and rushed through my appointment.  She said everything seemed normal and the next week at my Dr. appointment he said everything was good.  They called me today and said I need a follow up ultrasound because they didn't see everything they needed to see.  WTF.. why wouldn't they tell me that at the last 2 appointments?! They said everything looked normal but it still concerns me. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Annoyed with OB office

• Not this, but I did have to wait over 2 hours for my first ultrasound b/c they forgot to schedule it w/ the ultrasound tech.  I would have left, but DH convinced me to stay.  As this progresses, I also find myself feeling somewhat uninformed.  I keep reading things on TB and in magazines that I think my doctor should have mentioned or told me to expect.  I have an appt next week and I know that my glucose test should be coming up (I'm 23 weeks), and I wonder if they're doing it then or what - I have no idea.
  • The pictures she got were probably clear enough for the OB. The ultrasound tech may have thought they were sufficient, but apparently not. Or maybe the OB just wants a better look. Better safe than sorry.

ETA: edited for clarity

V|V TSP V|V
  • Loading the player...
  • No advice, but I would be annoyed too.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"