April 2012 Moms

When to switch nipples?

Andy is playing on the bottle nipple, chewing on it and gets frustrated.  Is it time to change to a faster flow nipple?  We use Dr Brown bottles, still on level 1 nipples. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When to switch nipples?

• It might be time to switch, especially if he's getting frustrated. 

ETA: I tried switching Kate a few weeks ago, but she was drinking too fast, which caused her to have painful gas. 

• Yes, get some Stage 2s.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Loading the player...
  • yep switch!! I switched Andrew to size 2's last week, we also use Dr Browns. He drank his whole 4oz bottle in less than 5 minutes!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers PicMonkeyCollage
  • We use Dr browns too and switched L last week. She was taking forever to drink the bottle and was sucking so hard she was falling asleep. She's doing good on them. Give it a try! 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I don't remember "how" KFC feeds Andy, but I thought if you wanted to continue nursing that switching to level 2's could hinder their ability/want to nurse.

Please correct me if I am wrong though. I'm sure my DH would love to switch DD to level 2's and not have bottle feedings last 15-20mins. 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thats how Camden was acting on the bottle, so I switched to the level 2's and now it takes less than 10 mins to eat, and he drinks the whole thing and rarely plays on it. I'd say switch!
  • Thanks girls!  I went and picked up some Level 2's, and he was asleep in no time flat!  I've been having some problems with him nursing, he really wants no part of it anymore except for MOTN feedings.  I've been pumping a lot more and doing the formula supplementing.  He's been eating 8 ounce bottles twice a day (first and last) with about another 12-16 ounces during the day.  Hopefully this makes feedings a bit quicker.  My little piglet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"