Multiples

36 weeks... Thankful but getting miserable.

I don't want to complain because I am so thankful to still be growing my sweet babies. They are getting so big which is wonderful but making It through this final stretch is getting so hard. At 34 weeks they estimated my babies at 5lb12oz and 6lb3oz on the growth scan. Both babies have high fluid levels and continue to get bigger and bigger. I can barely sleep and can never find a comfortable position. Last week at 35 weeks I had my first cervical check and was 2cm and 80% effaced. This week I was the exact same and I guess I just feel discouraged. 36 weeks was my goal and I am BEYOND thankful to have reached it and I will gladly take all these pains and discomforts for big and mature babies but now that I am 36 weeks I am so ready! We are planning on a vaginal birth and will be induced 2 weeks from tomorrow if I haven't had them by then. I want them to arrive on their on time but if that is TODAY it would be good by me. Can anyone who had their twins at 36 or 37 weeks please tell me what happened to get them in the hospital? Did your water break or did you start having contractions? I have had no contractions or any sign of labor. As miserable as I am, I remain thankful to God and can do anything for just to more weeks, I guess I'm just a little discouraged. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 36 weeks... Thankful but getting miserable.

• I'm a couple weeks behind you but congrats on keeping those LO's in that long. You are doing great. Don't let a cervix check discourage you. Sounds like you have 2 big babies on their way and that is some more great news. I completely understand all the pain and discomfort. We have an end in sight. Stay strong you're doing great.
  • I starting having mild, timeable contractions.  We were having a c-section due to both babies being breech.  I called the on call OB at 5am and told her what I was experiencing.  She told me to come in to the hospital.  Previously I was 3cm and 75% effaced.  When they checked me in L&D I was almost at 4cm and 80% effaced.

OB decided those contractions would probably lead to all out labor, so we went ahead and did the c/s about 4 hours from when I arrived in L&D. 

My girls were 6lbs 3oz and 6lbs 6oz.  No NICU time at all. 

GL momma.  I know it's tough.  At 36 weeks I had more than hit the wall myself.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a RCS it was scheduled for 39 weeks, and my doctor was so confident I would make it that long he wouldn't budge at all. I went in for my 37 week appointment and was 3 cm and 60% effaced, I started walking all over and bouncing on a ball trying anything to get labor started because I was so uncomfortable. At 37 weeks and 4 days I had a headache and was vomitting I went into OB-Triage and my blood pressure was slightly elevated so he decided to take them. 2 hours later we were having babies they were good size 5 4 and 6 13. No NICU time we went home 4 days later.

I know how hard it is to be so pregnant and uncomfortable, but like you said the longer you keep those babies cookin the better off they will be. I would try to focus on how amazinging it will be when you have them:) Hang in there you are doing great!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket
  • My girls were born at 36w6d, weighed 6lb 15oz and 6lb even. I had a lot of contractions one evening. DH called L&D around 6pm and they said to lay down and keep track for an hour and call back. During that time, they were 5 to 7 minutes apart. We left the house about a half hour after the second call to L&D, after DD1 went to bed. It was about 7:30pm. I was dilated 5cm when they checked me the first time. Labored til after midnight, no further progress so they broke my water and started a very low amount of pitocin. That moved things right along. My babies were born at 4:42 and 4:49am. 

You're in the home stretch!!  Hang in there, you'll be holding you little babies in your arms soon! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm just a little behind you but I feel the exact same way! I feel guilty wanting them to come but I'm so miserable. I'm living in bed because that is the only way I can bear. I have had a couple of episodes of false labor so I'm hoping that in a week or so I can make them turn into productive contractions by walking, etc. I'm having a c-section reguardless though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• srbmvpsrbmvp member

First of all, take a deep sigh of relief for making it this far!!!!! It sounds like you have big, healthy babies that shouldn't need any NICU time at all, yay!!!!

My goal was 37 weeks, and focusing on my goal was the only thing that kept me sane towards the end, it was so hard and so miserable. When my OB suggested an induction at 37w1d, I was all for it! (We were mono/di so he didn't want to go past 37 weeks b/c of placenta concerns).

I had been having pretty frequent contractions in the week or so beforehand, but nothing that was consistent enough to have me calling my OB. When I was admitted I was 3cm and 50% dilated. Once my OB broke my water, it went really fast and my boys came vaginally at 5lb9oz and 5lb10oz, no NICU time.

Hang in there hon. Think of it this way, lungs are the last thing to develop, so every extra day you can give your babies lowers your risk of them needing NICU assistance for breathing... I know it's so hard now, but a few days really could make a difference!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mirnbmirnb member
    Hang in there you are in the home stretch! I was scheduled for induction at 38w3 days....at my 37 weeks check I was 3cm dilated....she did a stretch and sweep (that was a thursday) I started having contractions on and off....just generally very cramp and uncomfortable and on the monday morning at 7am (exactly 38 weeks) my water broke! Went up to the hospital and had my boys that night (8:51 and 9:10pm)  Just try and rest as best you can...the discomfort of pregnancy will all be over soon!
  • I was 1-2cm/60% for weeks. I developed cholestasis the last 2 weeks and got pre eclamptic the last few days of pregnancy. My OB sent me in to be induced but I had been having regular, non-painful ctx's all day and was actually probably already in labor! I was 3-4cm/80% at my appointment @ 36 wks (7pm appt), went to the hospital and checked in at 9pm, OB broke my water at 1030pm and baby A was born at 216am! It happened very fast!

The babies were estimated at 5 12 and 6 12 @ 35 wks and they weighed 6lbs 9oz and 4lbs 15.7oz at birth.  They did well, no NICU/SCN, but both had to be on Similac Neosure for 2 &3 months and breastfeeding did not work b/c they would not latch (so I pumped). If you want to breastfeed...keep them in as long as possible (well...up to 38-39wks)!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"